summer 2016

Monday, October 10, 2016

amazing, beautiful, glorious fall





The fall colours are coming on very quickly here in New Brunswick so I've been getting out around our neighbourhood taking photos to share with you.

One morning last week it was foggy on the ridge and when it was starting to lift making it safe for me to walk along the road I went out and took some photos.








The beach at Mactaquac Provincial Park is quiet these fall days.  Or is it.  Take a closer look at the end of the beach near the grass.  

There's a beach party going on.  Do you see all the Canada Geese?  I think they're gathering on the beach one more time before they head south don't you?

This group must have gotten a 'tweet' to join them as they flew overhead.  ;)


The Mactaquac Marina with a gorgeous backdrop of fall colours.



The causeway is sporting a nice new, and much safer than the old one, guardrail and fresh chip seal on the roadway.  What a difference!!  

Last evening we caught this guy flying over our house at sunset.  What a birds eye view he has!

***********


Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada so I wish all my Canadian blogger friends a blessed day and hope you have enjoyed fellowship and food with family and friends this past weekend.  We had a lovely time at our son and daughter-in-law's yesterday.  Murray and I went to St. Andrews on Friday which is where the photo of the church is from.  On Saturday we went to Kings Landing Historical Settlement.  The fall colours have been outstanding this year and I have lots of pictures to share with you of our little trips so I'll see you soon.  

Blessings,
Pam


19 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a blessed day and enjoy that gorgeous weather. I love the photos that include the fence post...such a nice contrast! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, beautiful. Our cypress needles are turning. By November they should be a wonderful rusty nail color. Then it's time to get the kayak out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are so gorgeous! I cannot wait to get and capture some fall color...as soon as we get some! Until then, I will look at last years images :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I always feel as if I'm walking with you on your adventures, the photos are so calm and peaceful. I love fall for the serenity of nearly-empty parks and though it can be a melancholy time of year, beauty abounds. The geese were taking advantage of less human activity before heading south, I often wonder what they 'talk' about when they get together in those groups? "Did you pack clean featherwear?"

    The fog lifting was amazing; I have to become a morning person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I will have to send the family over to see your King's Landing photos in autumn. They'll love it. Everything sure looks pretty all over and the colors have been amazing. My back lawn is covered in red leaves, which is something I have never seen in the twenty plus years I have been at my haven. I heard Canada geese flying today, but did not take the time to even look up. It is a terribly blustery day and I was trying for good aim to the dumpster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving, Pam!

    What a treat you've shared with us, today, of the gorgeous Mactaquac Marina; I love the juxtaposition of the blue from the water and the autumnal hues behind it! Looking forward to your King's Landing pics, too, as always!

    Have a lovely week!
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply delightful! Most of those images are postcard or wall-hanging worthy! Simply amazing colors everywhere you look! My particular favorite is with the fog too, such beauty the fog makes as it lifts. Our geese have mostly left here. There are a few left, but not many. Our colors here amazingly are still going strong. The tamaracks are starting to turn yellow, and once they do, and lose their leaves, that means snow is coming... so I'm trying to get out and enjoy the beauty as much as I can. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nature and Natural is the best . . .
    And you share witness to it all beautifully . . .
    Such a glorious season . . .
    Happy Thanksgiving Day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pam. What beauty there is around you. I really love the simple pic of the post with the background blurred out, although all of your photos are gorgeous as is this time of year. Happy Thanksgiving to you and enjoy this beautiful fall..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely autumn views!

    I did a photo shoot around a lake here- the whole time you could hear the Canada geese on the lake carrying on a group conversation. I imagine they're gathering for mass migrations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shots, Pam - and what gorgeous colours! The leaves are only just starting to turn over here, but the nights are closing in and there's dew in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours! Beautiful photos! Hope you had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love those fences and the colors! Gorgeous blue water! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pam, so glad that you ventured out and snapped these gorgeous photos! Each one is just delightful!! Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these photos are all so lovely, Pam - like beautiful paintings! I so enjoyed them! Happy Thanksgiving, a bit late....sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pamela, your fall photos are gorgeous and I love your header collage, too! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving day. I'm behind in blogging...after a long break, it's been hard to get back into a routine. Thanks for your visit, I have always enjoyed your blog and I'll make sure you are on my blog list. My old one disappeared and I've put together a new one. Enjoy your day! ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Pamela,
    What gorgeous fall photos you took. The blue skies are amazing! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving - it's one of my favourite celebrations. Did you feel any of the effects of Hurricane Matthew? It looks like it went east.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...