summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

tulips in the snow

Sunrise one morning a couple weeks ago.

It's a storm day here in New Brunswick.  We are getting a nor'easter but this one is bringing snow, ice pellets, freezing rain and rain ~ depending on where you live.  This weather is spawned by the terrible weather in the southern US where there were tornados in Georgia and so many were killed or injured, and so much damage was done.  I can't imagine going through that and my heart goes out to those affected.  

We are still being visited by deer.  This mama and baby were eating the dead grass where the snow had melted.  Last evening at dusk there was a mama and twins in the yard!  We are becoming a popular spot to visit.

We are in the ice pellets/freezing rain area at the moment.  Schools were closed before 7 AM this morning due to the 'impending bad weather' although it didn't really start until after lunch time here.  The salt truck has made a pass by the house already.  I'm grateful that Murray was able to work from home today and didn't have to drive to the city.  


I bought a bouquet of tulips over a week ago at the grocery store.  They are grown in Prince Edward Island and shipped to local stores every winter.  I really enjoy having fresh blooms inside during the winter months.  These were a rich rose and white colour but they faded as they aged.  I did a photoshoot with a few one day in the snow on the deck.


Thanks for your good wishes regarding the cold I've been fighting that I mentioned in my last post.  I'm afraid it finally got me on Saturday afternoon.  We had gone to town to go for a walk on the old train bridge as it was a mild zero Celsius degrees, although cloudy and raw.  By the time I got home I had chills and couldn't get warm and my sinuses stuffed up.  I went to bed early and I stayed in bed until 2 on Sunday afternoon.  I NEVER stay in bed when I'm sick and also NEVER not get dressed for the day but on Sunday I did.  I felt awful - coughing, sneezing and runny nose.  Yesterday I felt a bit better and got some cold meds at the pharmacy which knocked me out for a couple hours in the afternoon....due to lack of sleep the previous night....and today I feel so much better except for a dry cough.   I'll live.  😀

The last of the pretty tulip bouquet deserved a photoshoot too.


I hope you all have a nice week ahead.  I will post some photos of our walk on the train bridge in a couple of days.

Take care my friends.

Pam


20 comments:

  1. Beautiful artistic work with your camera! Hope you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are better...and...your tulip shoot is fabulous!!
    Kudos to you Pam...
    Hope your weather improves...mine is just pure gloom and dull...blah!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so bitter cold and I'm glad the deer are still coming around. Hope you get plenty of rest to feel better each day. It can take a lot out of you. I'm like you...I never take a nap or lay around unless I am really sick. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you know I'm in love with these photos already :) Stay safe and warm...and eat some chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are much better soon, staying in and snuggling sounds like a good plan to me. I love that tulips are just as beautiful in full flower as they are to the moment they fade to nothing. Incredible really isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first shot is a stunner! Deer seem to also go for fallen bird seed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that 'tulip in the snow' pic! Stay warm and cozy...enjoy your chicken soup...and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sunrise and the deer! Your flowers in the snow turned out beautiful! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your feeling better . Lovely photos . The storm missed us by miles they thought we were going to get a bit of it but it went all to the east of us . Hope all are warm safe and cozy there . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the color, flower cheer . . .
    So needed during the winter drear . . .
    I am out and about today and for sure
    some tulips will be coming home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love critters and skyscapes, but tulips are ok too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no...that cold sounds rotten. Glad that you are on the mend. Yesterday we had what you had...what a stinking, revolting mess. I never bothered to get dressed. When the plowman came last night, I was so surprised and DELIGHTED that I threw on my coat to tell him so. I'm sure he thought that I was an odd looking old woman. Now I am just getting my head around having to go out and clean up more before the rain comes in tomorrow.

    You are still taking pretty pictures, Pam. Tulips in the snow are lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos of the tulips in the snow. Hoping you are over the worst of that cold, just as well to stay home during the awful weather. We were just on the edge of it, got a little bit of everything but not enough to shut things down. Think spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tulip photo shoot resulted in some very lovely photos. What fun! I'm so sorry about your nasty cold, and hope that you are feeling much better. Staying home in foul weather is a comforting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are feeling better, Pam! There's nothing worse than having a cold when it's freezing outside, too. Beautiful photos of the impending stormy skies, deer and tulips in the snow. It seems like winter just drags on forever, especially this time of year. Just a few weeks longer.......xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! Those shots of the tulips in the snow are simply gorgeous! I would frame the first one you took, it is a beauty! I wish I lived close enough to get some of those PEI tulips! The deer and turkeys have been in our yard a lot too, as there is not much to eat and we have put out a feed block for them. I'm sorry to hear about your cold! It is just so miserable to be sick and have to stay in bed. I am like you, it would take a lot for me to stay in bed. Glad to hear that you are recovering! Hope the nasty storm doesn't cause too much trouble for everyone. So sad about the terrible destruction in the south, oh those tornadoes are so scary. Enjoyed my visit with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pam. I hope you are feeling much better by now. The sore throat always really gets me. Sweet little deer who bring their babies around. They must feel safe around you. Beautiful sunset and I hope to get to Costco this weekend to get tulips. They always have the prettiest around here..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. You take wonderful photos, Pam. I love the sky and tulip in the snow is beautiful! Hope you are still on the mend from that nasty cold and feeling much better now. Take care and have a nice Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tulip photos in the snow are gorgeous! So simple and so beautiful. I've been eyeing the tulip bunches at the Superstore, think I'm about ready to break down and buy a bunch.
    I hope you are well over your cold by now. Did you lose power in this last storm? We did, but only for 5.5 hours so that wasn't bad. Some are still without. Hope you're not one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the last photo! But they are all awesome!
    I was excited to see the tulips at Sobey's on grocery day but they only
    had white ones left. I decided to wait until my next trip to town in hopes that
    there will be more colourful ones then.
    So nice to have the deer visit too. Glad you are feeling better, nothing like a cold
    to take the joy out of life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...