summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

It's August!!






Hi Everyone!

It's August already.  Did July go by as fast for you as it did for me?  Goodness!  I love summer but now we are into the 'dog days' of summer and next thing we know it will be September.  

I'll share a few photos of what we've been up to in July.  

We took a day trip to our beloved Saint Andrews on July 3.  It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed ourselves walking the beach, the wharf and the main street shops ~ 0ur usual spots but on a nice summer day it is always enjoyable.  We found a new place to have seafood - a takeout called the Clam Digger.  Oh my!  It was so delicious.  We ate at freshly painted red picnic tables in the hot sun but it was worth it.  We'll definitely go there again.

July 9th we went for a little walk on the Shogomoc Trail near Woodstock, NB.  It is part of the Trans Canada Trail and was originally the old highway along the St. John River.  We'd never been there before so it was enjoyable.  The suspension bridge is pretty cool.

The trail was quite overgrown on the sides as nature tries to claim back the old highway.  We could still see the white centre line painted on it.




I spent a hot afternoon downtown in Fredericton with a good friend who is also a photographer.  We had fun finding different shots to capture.


This was a fun photo of us looking at our reflections in a plate glass window of a restaurant.
And Sharon took this photo as it was better than mine.  😁


On July 23, Murray and I took another day trip to the Fundy coast.  The Bay of Fundy separates New Brunswick from Nova Scotia until it comes to an isthmus at the head of the bay.  We drove to Dipper Harbour, Lepreau, New River Beach, Pennfield and Saint George.

This is the beautiful Lepreau Falls.  The falls is quite spectacular in the spring run off or after heavy rains but we've had a very dry July here with only 95mm of rain since sometime in June.  We haven't really had a rainy day in July and just a couple of thunderstorms to give us any moisture.  

This is New River Beach.  It was really crowded that beautiful afternoon and the tide was just going out so we walked from end to end as the tide receded.


Murray took a photo of me on his phone.

This is the gorge in Saint George where the Magadavic River runs through to the Bay of Fundy.  It was a power generating station and there is a fish ladder up past the red building.

We enjoyed a seafood platter at Comeau's Seafood in Pennfield that day.  We love our seafood on the east coast!


The deer are coming around now and I believe these twins are last years model.  They were quite young and sticking together.  

The field behind our house was cut recently.  

Sunday morning I looked out and saw this deer family out for a stroll so, in my housecoat with camera in hand, I went on the deck and took photos.  The twin fawns were so cute prancing and frolicking around.  I've never seen a mom and dad with their offspring before so the fawns must have been quite new.  


A neighbour nearby had triplets in his yard yesterday!  The deer population is growing in our area!

There are lots of bees around the flowers.

Due to the extremely dry conditions the province has an outdoor fire ban on so we haven't had a bonfire once this summer!  Our grass is brown and crunchy underfoot and some of my perennials are dying or wilting in the heat.  I've not seen it this bad for July before as we usually only get dry for a week or two in August.  I'm watering my annuals daily but the perennials only get watered once a week.  We had a thunderstorm on Monday night with an hour or so of rain which was wonderful but not nearly enough.

I celebrated another birthday in July and this coming Sunday Murray and I will celebrate 40 years of marriage!!  I can't believe it's been that long as I still 'think' like I'm 27.  haha  We've been very blessed in our lives and are still in love with each other.  I don't know what I'd do without my best friend!  God has been good and faithful.  

Here we are on our wedding day in 1977.
{don't laugh!}  That was the style! 😀 My little nephew in the background was the ring bearer and he just turned 46!  Yikes!!  

And a recent photo of us in July.  
Life is good!


I hope you are enjoying your summer.  
Thank you for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful August.

I'll try to post at the end of the month again.

Take care.

Pam




17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great July, some interesting places. And that final one is a great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! What a treat to see your wedding photo...you two were adorable and still are. One of you, I might not recognize, you, however, haven't changed a bit. I was first married in 1975 so I can attest that your style was spot on. (And looking fine, I might add.) Happy Anniversary! This has been like an anniversary summer hasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that first photo made me just want to jump right in to the computer screen! All of them are beautiful and you have visited some great places lately. How wonderful it must be waking up to seeing those deer...such beautiful animals and every time I see one, it's like the first time...I never get tired of seeing them. Your wedding photo...so adorable! We will celebrate our 41st next Monday, August 7th. My how time gets away from us! Have a great rest of the week, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, it's been fun seeing all the wonderful places you've visited. Happy Anniversary coming up! You and your beloved were a beautiful couple...and still are today. I was married in '71...where does the time go? I'm like you and think young. :) Happy August to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you are enjoying your summer thus far! Here in Oregon City, OR where I live it has been way hotter than usual, in the 90's and 100's. Not good for hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The deer are quite a delight, as is that waterfall!

    Interesting that the abundant rain we've had up here isn't heading east in your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in a beautiful area for day trips. Eating seafood is something we both enjoy, too. Congratulations on your 40th. I think Murray's tux is pretty close to the one Tim wore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header is beautiful. Looks like a busy July with good things to enjoy. I also had a birthday and soon we celebrate our 46th. Love your August picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated happy birthday and happy anniversary. You have been out and about enjoying your beautiful province. The time is going by so quickly. Rain is almist non existant here except from the frief thunder shower. Enjoy August.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!! Glad you have been having a great July, it is good to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post and photos Pamela . Looks like you had a lovely July to ! Yes the summers go by soo fast now a days don't they ?! Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos! I really like the bridge and the falls! The photo of the two young deer is just beautiful! Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a Wonderful Life . . .
    Great pictures . . .
    Happy Birthday, Anniversary, Summer!
    On to August . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, love all the photos. Your wedding pic is wonderful. You don't look a day over 27 now, only cuter!! The active life you lead accounts for that, I'm sure. The pics of the deer family are so special, but the one with just the two twins is frameable. xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your 40th anniversary. What a blessing, and may you have many more together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer has passed way, way too quickly! I enjoyed all your summer outing pictures! What fun for you and your friend to spend a day photographing Fredericton! I loved your downtown picture, & the fun picture of the two of you together :) St. Andrews is so beautiful, what a joy that you are close to enough to just drive there and enjoy the beauty! So fun that you and your husband are getting out and seeing all the gorgeous sights in your area! Beautiful wedding picture and picture of the two of you by the bridge... just lovely! Happy 40th! It is hard to believe just how fast the years swing on by! Summer has been very busy, and hot here too. We got less rain in July than the Sahara Desert did, lol! And August is shaping up to be the same. It is quite worrisome, the lack of rain, but is usual for us here, at least the past few years. My garden is doing well, and harvest time is upon us. Will look forward to your next post :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...