Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Friday, September 17, 2010

hydrangeasandpumpkins

Our property is a small one for being in the country.  Our house was built on a cow pasture lot, about 2/3 of an acre in size, and we have lined the outer edges of the lot with trees.  The front along the road has maple trees of different colours in the fall.  When we planted them about 20 years ago they were saplings taken from the woods.   

Fall 2008 ~ the smaller tree on the left has been removed since.
We have tons of leaves to mulch every fall.

The rest of our property is lined with pine, fir, spruce, hemlock and cedar trees some of which have overgrown and, as in this photo above, become unsightly and had to be removed.  That's a work in progress - removing a few more dying trees - and a big job.  The four-legged critter is our dog, Marshall. That's my hubby in his safety gear on the right.

A few years ago we built a 16' x 6' deck along the front of our home.  I love this spot to sit and watch the world go by.  We often have breakfast here in the summer.  I enjoy decorating it for the seasons as well.

The long wicker planter in the upper left of the chair came from my mother-in-law's house.  I spray painted it Heirloom White and placed three pots of New Guinea Impatiens, blue Lobelia and vinca vine in it.  The other flowers are impatiens.  The chairs are Merrimac-style, much more comfortable than Adriondacks, and were made locally.  The table is from Canadian Tire and I painted it too!

Hydrangeas drying in a sap bucket and a beautiful pumpkin.

The hydrangeas come from our bush which is so loaded with blooms this year!

A sweet angel guarding the bouquet.

A beautiful fall mum in my old bicycle basket ~ spray painted Heirloom White of course!

The ice cream parlour chair is one of 3 that came from a tea shop that my aunt had in the 1930's.  Wouldn't I love to be able to visit that place for tea!  I bought the sign at Home Sense a while back and this pumpkin is from Michael's.

That is a visit to our front porch/deck/veranda without a roof!  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,

Pam

I need help!  I have posted this mosaic at the bottom here and it's just not right.  I uploaded it from picassa and can't seem to get it the proper size for the page.  If anyone can help me with mosaics I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love this post and the pics--I haven't "stopped by" for a few days--you're doing such a good job--keep it up--can't wait to see the decor as other seasons approach,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post Pam, I love all your fall pics! The front porch looks lovely ~ hope I get to see it on decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how many hydrangea flowers you have. I'm trying very hard not to shake with jealousy!! I planted our hydrangeas last winter and they didn't flower this year. Here's hoping for next!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...