Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Monday, February 14, 2011

my very first valentine

The year after I was born, a few decades ago, 1951 to be exact,  (I'm not going to lie about my age at this point and I've earned every gray hair on my head!) I was given a little Valentine card and a single red rose by the child of family friends.  His name was Patrick (Pat) and he was just a boy so I think his mommy put him up to it, don't you? 

My dear mother saved that card and rose, along with the cards given to me when I was born, so I got it out today and took pictures of it. 


Now isn't that the sweetest thing?  I can't believe it's 60 years old! 
Sadly, as I returned it to the envelope most of the petals fell off, so I'm glad
I took a picture of it for 'posterity'.

Now, I have the sweetest Valentine of all, my hubby, who gives me flowers
and/or a card on Valentine's Day.  And sometimes chocolate :-)


Wishing you a very happy Valentine's Day!

Love and blessings to you!
Pamela

4 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day Pamela. I too got flowers and also a Je t'aime Willow tree figure.

    How wonderful to have a card and flower for 60 years!!

    Have a lovely day, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to have such an early admirer and to STILL HAVE THE Precious Card! AND Flower!!! I Have to laugh at "Mom MAY have put him up to it"... We Mom's LOVE "Match Making don't we"? hehehe! and it's never too early to start!
    Thank you for letting us peek into your treasures...
    Happy Valentine's Day,
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that is so very sweet! Happy Valentines to you and your sweetheart!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day!
    Love that story, but better yet, your modern day prince and the flowers he gave you...so lovely!
    Happy Day to you!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...