Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Thursday, February 3, 2011

pink roses and valentines

These are my 'Bridal Rose' dishes that were, and still are, stored in a box in the basement.
These are an incomplete set that belonged to my mother.  They may have
been her mother's but I'm not sure.  I love the pink, pale green and white.
They are made in Bavaria.  There are so many different patterns
of Bridal Rose made over the years.

There are no dinner plates left.  There are several bread plates and only
5 cups that are in good shape and 6 saucers.  The cream and sugar
dishes survived as did the slop bowl.  There are 2 sweet plates
but one has been repaired with glue (huge crack).  The large platter
is in great condition.

I have kept a few of the pieces out to display in my china cabinet
once in a while.


This is my Valentine's vignette. 



The blue and pink heart shaped dish with the kissing blue birds
is marked "Royal Copley".


This is the teacup and saucer on the right of the cutlery tray.
I love the birds and butterflies and the toile pattern on it.


This is the saucer.  It is stamped Made in England Coleport.










This is a large covered bowl but I'm not sure if it's for sugar or biscuits.
It doesn't have any markings but it's pretty with it's gold detail and
the raised beading around the top.




My cutlery tray 'dressed' for Valentine's Day.  That is an old
post card with the friendly reminder.  The hanky is vintage
and has more pink flowers.


A close up of the hanky.


Some sprigs of dried pink hydrangea.


I hung some vintage Valentines across the dining room window.
They were my hubby's from the 50's!  I'm glad my mother-in-law saved them.


This Valentine is very old - possibly 100 years old.  It is very
 delicate and three dimensional.




This is the sentiment inside the card.  The card doesn't have a signature,
so I guess it was never given to any one.  It is a family memento.




Just a reminder ~ St. Valentine Day  ~ Feb. 14.

I am linking with Show and Tell Friday at http://www.romantichome.blogspot.com/

and also with Pink Saturday at http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

Blessings,
Pamela








22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Pamela, your Bridal Rose China is gorgeous!!! Oh you must leave it out where it can be appreciated and even used. Such a shame to hide away such loveliness. (Just in case you wanted my opinion.)
    I adore all of your old Valentine cards, I have a few that I need to get out and display, then I can blog about it, too! So much fun, we have to have some fun in our middle age, don't we?!?!?!
    Big fun hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your sweet dishes! How wonderful that you have these treasures from your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these pictures. Today, when I needed a boost, your pictures gave it to me. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful china!! Too beautiful for the basement!
    I was thinking about you this morning Pam I saw New Brunswick on the weather channel! You and Ontario both have really gotten it!
    Hopefully the groundhog is right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous china....What a shame the plates are no more, but perhaps you could find some on line at the replacement sites....I would want to use them at holidays and I am glad you display diferent pieces...tooo pretty to keep hidden in boxes!
    Your 100 year old Valenine is so lovely...what a treasure!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what beautiful china plates! Lucky Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pamela,
    Your Bridal Rose makes me swoon! It's gorgeous! The beaded dish is beyond the moon gorgeous; oh my! And how lovely that you have your hubby's valentine cards! What a sweet idea to make a banner out of them and display them the way you have! You've shared a lovely post for Pink Saturday; thank you! Wishing you a wonderful pink weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Pink Saturday, My your Valentine is one of the best I have seen, what a very special treasure, thanks for sharing it with all your other wonderful pinks! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool Pamela ~ i have that same set of dishes except different cups & yes, the dinner plates!
    what a treat to see yours posted too as i posted mine back in about october for my birthday or close to it...would love to have you stop in for tea at FHC ~ Welcome....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adored the valentine's on a string. HPS!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decorations are darling. I have a new passion of teacups!
    Leslie
    Your Newest Follower
    Tranquil Acres of Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday Pamela Sweetie...
    Oh what a beautiful share today. I love, Love your Bridal Rose China. I think what touches me most is the pieces that are missing. We can certainly tell that dinner was served on these many times, as the plates have gone missing. That means that you family loved them very much. I love that most about them, and that a few times a tea cup was dropped as a couple of these are missing. I love it Pamela, and just to have something so elegant and loved, what a special treat.

    I love your vignette. So pretty. Love that St. Valentine card. It is beautiful. I love looking at the old cards, as they were so thoughtful and time put into them back then, today they are just stamped and nothing really special. So sad.

    Now that banner you made from your husbands Valentine's of years gone by, is so pretty. I love it against your white curtains, and how pretty to frame that large window. It screams "HAPPY", and I really loved seeing the snow tipped branches of the trees outside. So pretty. Beautiful photography sweetie.

    I am Country Wings in Phoenix, your newest follower. I can't wait to see what you share next. I love meeting new friends and sharing our day to day lives a long the way. Please stop over and say hello. I would love to have you follow me as well. Country hugs sweetie, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. that china is just gorgeous!!! love all your pinks today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous pinks! Love them all. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
    Happy PS!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart is skipping a beat with all these gorgeous vintage peices of china!

    Happy PS!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do not have a basement in this old farmhouse, so my mother’s dishes are all in boxes in one of our outbuildings. One of these days I am going to have to go out there and bring them in. Your pink ones are just beautiful. The old patterns are just so lovely. HPS

    ReplyDelete
  17. HELLO AND HAPPY PINK SATURDAY~BEAUTIFUL ITEMS FOR THIS PINK SATURDAY :)

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many treasures, and your china is gorgeous. I love the scalloped edges and don't think I have seen that before. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my gosh! you lucky girl! that is one precious lot of treasures! they are just beautiful! the dining dishes just beautiful! my fave! thanks for sharing! happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pamela~ I must admit.. I am in pure love with that banner!
    Simply fantastic!
    Happy PS!
    Smiles`
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous dishes! Aren't you glad that your mom had such good taste? They look great on display with your Valentines Day accents!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi lovely lady I was just looking at some Blogs.
    and fell in love with your's ~~~I do lot's of Tablescapes you know you can mix the ones you have with others like I do all the time. I love Vintage china like yours so Beautiful sweet lady.Im your newest follower on your Blog and I will be back !!I hope you came see my Tablescapes ~~~ I hope you comment xxoo Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...