Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Irish spring dinner

I don't do tablescapes very often (this is only my second one) due to a lack of dishware and china but since I did a teascape for Tea Time Tuesday with my Denby Shamrock stoneware I thought while I have all the dishes out I should join Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  It's a lot of work setting up a tablescape just to post on a blog!!  

Since Thursday is St. Patrick's Day and spring is on Monday, I thought these dishes were quite appropriate!


This is the casserole dish which has a handle and the cover is glazed solid brown.
Underneath it is a matching platter.

I got out 4 place settings of this Denby Shamrock stoneware that was a wedding gift to us in 1977.  Stoneware was 'big in style' in the 70's and I chose this pattern for it's soft greens, browns and aqua.  It is not being made now but I have enough for 8 full settings plus a few extras.  I seldom use it and we never have more than six guests so I have lots.  It is very heavy and I have to hand wash my dishes as I don't have a dishwasher - yet!  That's coming with our kitchen reno this spring.  YAY!!




The napkin rings are green glass and match perfectly.


The silver candlesticks were my mother's.


Salt and pepper shakers. I love their shape.


A little spring centerpiece.


This silver spoon is by Georg Jensen 1915 according to an article in
Country Living in 2004.  It is called Acorn and is still in production.
This one is old and belonged to my grandparents.


The cups and saucers are different in that the saucer is solid brown glazed stoneware.


The only truly Irish item on the table is this Belleek ashtray that was my mother's.
I don't know if it was ever used as an ashtray and really can't imagine anyone
'butting out' in such a pretty one but, since we aren't smokers, I thought I'd use it for a tealight. 
I think it makes a  pretty holder don't you?


This is the trademark for production from 1965 - March 31, 1980.

In 1998, a representative of the Belleek Pottery was at our local Royal Doulton
store.  She told me they don't produce this colour (yellow) any more so this
is a rare one now.


Well, our dinner is over and now it's time for coffee, tea and dessert.

Thank you for joining me for an Irish spring dinner!

I am linking with Susan at
for Tablescape Thursday.  I hope you drop over
for a visit and to view some beautiful tablescapes too.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Blessings,

Pamela



Flatware - International stainless
Glassware - vintage cornflower
Placemats - Super Store
Napkins - vintage linen
Dishes - Denby "Shamrock"



17 comments:

  1. Hey Pamela. Lovely tablescape. You should get into it, you would make some wonderful ones I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, you did a great job! you don't need a lot of dishes to tablescape, just mix them up a bit into new combinations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tablescape.. the clovers are great. stopping in from Tablescape Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    Your tablescape is lovely. I've not seen that shamrock china before. I love how you used your Belleek ashtray as a candleholder! Happy St. Paddy's Day! ~Delores

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful St Pat's table Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I love the simple and elegant table runner and mats too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy St Patrick's Day! Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ashtray's incarnation as a votive holder! Lovely table~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty table, your dishes are just perfect for the season-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela..

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Your table is just charming and what a great use for an ashtray!!!(I'm a non-smoker). Your dishes are perfect for the occasion(s). I love your centerpiece...spring is surely on it's way!

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, I love the heavy stoneware dishes with the shamrocks, perfect! I got married in 1975 and we received as a gift a beautiful set for 8 of brown with a big yellow flower stoneware "stylish" dishes. I love your tablescape, is lovely. I'm also your newest follower and hope you can come over and visit too, you're very welcome!
    Happy St. Pat's Day to you and yours.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those stoneware dishes are gorgeous! I love them!

    Thanks for visiting me and for your comment! So happy you did because now I found you and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table looks beautiful Pam.....so perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty. Happy St Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful table, Pamela. What a pretty shamrock pattern...the colors are are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pamela!

    I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciated you sweet comments. You have an absolutely lovely blog and I will definitely be back to check it out more. YOu are a great photographer and I really loved this post with the tablescape. It is lovely! Blessing to you!
    Love Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your kind comments Pamela. The walls are painted with Devine paint in Moss. I painted them 6 years ago and still love the color. I don't know if you've ever used their paint before, but it is wonderful:)

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...