Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

a visit over north

I just returned from a two day visit to my sister and brother-in-law's
who live 'over north' (as they say over there) along the Miramichi River.
The above view is from their living room window March 1st.

The Miramichi River is a world-famous salmon fishing spot and it
is just beyond the row of trees on the interval (under the ice and snow).

During the spring breakup the river ice dams and floods the intervals along
the river for miles.


It was snowing again today.


We had received 35 cm. of snow last Friday plus another 15 cm.
this past Monday!


The path through the woods.


A bird feeder.


Even though it snowed again today for a couple of hours
at least it was milder at +2C.

We had a lovely visit chatting and reminiscing about the past
and sharing family stories. 

And in between ~ she did this ~


My sister is an awesome knitter ~  the only one in the family!
I don't know how many baby sets, sweaters, hats, etc.
she has knit over the years.  Probably hundreds!

It was a wonderful two days of Miramichi hospitality.

How is your week going?

Blessings,
Pamela

Parting shot



6 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela,
    My week has been going wonderfully! How nice that you could go for a visit to your sister's house. I have heard a lot about the Miramichi River, but I have never been to New Brunswick, so I have never seen it. Sounds like the Red River if it floods. My! You guys have been getting the snow! We got a couple of centimetres earlier this week, nothing to speak of though. Your photos are great! Isn't it nice to have a blog to show them off on?
    Have a lovely day.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela,

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving the nice comment. You asked about how to care for silver overlay glass. This is from www.myantiquemall.com:

    "Q: Is it a chore to keep clean and doesn’t it tarnish something fierce?
    A: Actually, with our modern anti-tarnish silver creams, an initial cleaning is all that’s required. If you follow the directions, all you’ll need is a little touch up once a year (My favorite polish is Hagerty’s Silversmith’s Polish with R22 tarnish preventative in the blue plastic bottle, and no, I don’t own stock in the company!) Later, say to 1925 to 1935, domestically made silver overlay pieces had a rhodium treatment at the factory and need no polishing whatsoever."

    It sounds as if you've been doing caring for your Grammie's pieces properly.

    Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me think of the song:
    Something to Sing About, this land of ours by Michael Mitchell.
    Are you familiar with it?
    Lovely photos!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela those photos are just beautiful!! I am kind of surprised that we have not had any in over a month! We had record snowfall in December and January then February turned warm. Not good for the budding trees and plants!! We usually get a big freeze or two before spring really sets in. Thanks for your well wishes for my mom! She is doing very well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela,
    Pretty!
    Rene
    THANKS for the sweet words about my grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela; I don't quite remember how I came to find your blog a few weeks ago but upon reading discovered you're a local (I live in F'ton) I love all your pictures and enjoy your blog. When I checked in today and saw your posting on "over north" I had to comment. lol I grew up "over there" and was trying to place where that pic taken at your sisters was. I am not a blogger but have thought about it....Anyway, just wanted to say Hi.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...