Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

river views and more snow???

I was at my friend's home for Bible study this morning and she lives
along the St. John River.  You can see that it is flooded over Sugar Island
in the above picture.  Doesn't she have a beautiful view?

Do you see all those black things?  They are Canada geese.
You can click on the pictures to enlarge them.


There are some in the water too. 

The snow is gone and the trees are just starting to show buds...

BUT

We are getting snow and ice pellets tomorrow!

A LOT of snow.  Several inches in some areas.

We are not amused.


daffodills on my kitchen windowsill in the afternoon sun

So, I will stay home and enjoy my daffodils, do some housework :-(
read, blog, look at the nastiness outside and dream of summer.
Because I think we're going to jump right into summer after 'winter' is done!

I even did more raking and uncovered my perennials!  I do hope they
don't get chilled.  I think they are hardened enough don't you?

What are you doing today?

Blessings,

Pamela


7 comments:

  1. Oh dear to the snow. Focus on those daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are still getting snow! I could tell you how warm it is here but I don't want to depress you further. Hope you get some warmer weather soon! Your daffodils sure are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those daffodils! The snow pics are beautiful, what can I say, hope the weather gets better soon, Pamela Here in my neck of the woods, just rains and rains, April showers and it's cold too, like 55-60...sometimes the sun comes out and you'll have ALL of a sudden 80! Thanks for dropping y, I'm always thirilled to hear from you and I can't wait to see your bowl with the "silver overlay".
    Happy Easter.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the snow! Those ARE beautiful views. We have resident Canadian geese here along the Rio Grande. They are one of my favorite things in the world. Love to see them flying overhead, and hearing their wingbeats. Glad you have your daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, that is a beautiful view...and more snow?! I'm gonna tell my DH...he's complaining about our weather!
    have a joyful resurrection sunday celebration!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. We cleaned some of our garden today too. Thankfully, we didnt lose many perennials because of the deep snow cover. It's so nice to see those little shoots of green, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear poor you, more snow!! Lovely daffodils on the window sill and you know that Summer will soon be with you. Take care, love Jackie in Surrey.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...