Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Friday, June 10, 2011

loving spray paint

I am loving spray paint!  Aren't you?  I discovered it last summer right here in Blogland.  The hot colour, or non-colour, was Heirloom White.  Such a nice soft white that will go with anything.  I painted 2 outdoor tables, a lamp, and a few other things in that colour and another plant table and decor around the yard were done in aqua.

These are two of the tables.  They did not weather well
so after sanding them all down, I re-painted them
and then sprayed them with spray varathane.  Hopefully they'll
hold up to the rainy weather this summer.

I found this little stool at Value Village last week for $1.49.

This is an orangy red which I didn't really care for.

So,

I painted it this


Krylon's Ivy Leaf.  I sanded it then primed it with Zinsser first.
I love the green which is almost an apple green. 
The paint cost more than the stool!


Here's my painting station in the shade of the back yard.
It was sunny and hot with a gentle breeze ~ perfect for this task!
See the wooden basket under the white table?
It's in the process of a makeover which I will post soon.


These are the other goodies I found at Value Village all, including the stool, for
under $15.00 (including our taxes)!

I worked my magic with the wooden tote.  It was hand made by a wood
crafter in the province as his stamp is on the bottom.  It had potential.

I loved the little aqua bottle (.49cents) and the Pyrex bowl.  The 5 cloth
napkins are by April Cornell and are brand new as the stickers were still
on them!  The painting was $3.49 and had a price in pencil on the back
of $34.99.  It's a cheap oil painting and there were actually 2 of them
but I liked the look of the scenery in this one.  It will go in our bedroom
but I may paint the frame.
I really enjoy going in to Value Village to see what goodies I can find.

We had 2 severe thunder storms that past two nights but the days
have been beautiful and sunny.  I took this next picture on Thursday
morning while on my walk.
 It was cloudy and hazy and humid after the storm. 

Our church is participating in "Love Fredericton" on Saturday.
I have been assigned to go to the 4 places where some church members
will be volunteering and take pictures.  It should be a fun assignment.

 
I hope your week has been good and that you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,

Pamela




9 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend, Pamela! I love your VV finds. Tomorrow we're off to the Giant Oak Bay Garage sale - I go as much to see people's gardens as to attend the sale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela - thanks for stopping by, you are always so kind to leave such nice comments. No, didn't get to the 'bridge house' in the Lake District, but sure saw just about everything else!

    Funny, I was spray painting today too - a metal patio set I've had for several years, it needed sprucing up - just matte black as it stands out in the garden under trees. Love all your finds - great bargains. I always use Heritage White for my white projects, it's a great color.

    My big project still awaits - painting my armoire in the living room! It's huge and I want to make it look French (so guess is should be a grey shade), but I just can't find time to get moving on it..............and with temps. hovering around 100 every day, not likely to happen any day soon!

    Happiest of weekends dear.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The power of paint! Love the new look, the apple green is very cool! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela
    Now that I see the Ivy Leaf, I recall it but it wasn't the shade of green I had in mind - the stool turned out great.
    I have never been to VV, donated lots through the community donation program so maybe I should see what they have.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh April Cornell napkins, and such a steal. I love love love them. Especially the blue toned one.

    Spray paint is our friend! LOL.

    Gladly use it one almost everything also.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me that I had painting a table or two on my long list of things to do. The way the weather is shaping up, I don't think I'll get to it. I really like the green color on that cutely shaped table...a nice switch from the ubiquitous white that we see in Blogdom.

    Since a few of my Canadian relatives live in your corner, I think "Love Frederickton" sounds great. May the project be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings From Southern California

    I am your newest follower. I invite you to visit my blog and follow back if you want too.

    God bless you and have a nice day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela! looks like you have a good start on the season! Your deck is all spruced up and planted, and you have some wonderful views from your property. Your Victoria Tea post with the blue floral china is just so sweet. When summer starts I have a hard time doing anything that makes sense like painting! I just want to watch the grass grow! You must be loving being outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you ever wonder what we would do without spray paint? It solves so many problems...my next project is spraying all of my gold switch plates ORB. Hope they come out OK...I tend to get a little heavy-handed! Have a great week...~Ann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...