summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Thursday, August 11, 2011

taking the beach indoors

We've not had great beach weather here in New Brunswick, or in fact, in the Maritimes, since our nice summery hot spell 3 weeks ago.  We've had buckets and buckets of rain with the odd sunny day here and there.  I wanted to do a beachy tablescape so I had to bring it indoors in time for Susan's Tablescape Thursday.

Since it's another rainy day at the "pretend beach cottage" we have to have our meal inside but, don't be disappointed.
At our lovely "cottage by the seashore" we can hear the waves crashing on the beach and the seagulls screaming as they wheel and dive overhead.  And we can still have a swim in the ocean in the rain too!

Here we are in our "beach cottage" dining room.

The table is set with a vintage table cloth and we are using melamine dishware,
mason jar mugs for our iced tea, and clear handled cutlery.


Don't you love seashells, starfish and seaglass?


We'll have iced tea with lemon to refresh us.  I love this vintage pitcher.


The tealight holders are vintage glass floor protectors to put under furniture with wheels
on the legs.  I think they make great tealight holders!


A close up of the pretty linens.  The vintage napkins were given to me by a friend.
There were only 3 of each but they kind of co-ordinate.  Isn't the steaming teacup
stitchery sweet?


I love the blues and greens of beach glass.  The aqua coloured glass in the hurricane was
bought at Pier 1 Imports.  The other beach glass is the real thing, picked off of
Maritime beaches.  The amber glass is most likely from beer bottles.




A cozy corner in our 'beach cottage'.






Salad and lobster rolls are on the menu.  Don't eat the sea shell!



Thank you for coming to the pretend beach cottage today.
I hope you didn't mind eating indoors.
The swim in the ocean beforehand really gave us an appetite for
those lobster rolls didn't it?

Please join me for

at Between Naps on the Porch.

I hope you have a perfectly lovely day no matter what the weather!

Blessings,

Pamela

22 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful beach tablescape, I can almost hear the waves from here. I love the plate you have in the centre of the table with the hurricane glass and candle on it.What a lovely beach cottage I love the cosy corner.
    It has been like Autumn here the last few days!!

    Have a great weekend, Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beach side table setting looks fantastic, you didn't miss a thing! You brought the sea and beach to you, love the look, now all you need is a good book, sun umbrella and sunscreen. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfectly delightful luncheon. Your table setting is so pretty and delightfully unique. I would love eating lobster rolls there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoy visiting the beach cottage luncheon today. Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela! Oh, what a delightful table you've set! I love it! Love your vintage tablecloth and the candle centerpiece is so pretty! Love all your special touches.
    Be a sweetie,
    Sheli ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table you've created! Love the vintage linens and the beach glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pamela,

    I just love your beach themed table! Beautiful shell decorations and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started looking for beach glass this year and have found quite a bit so far. The only thing is I use to love walking on the beach just enjoying the sounds of the waves, but now I am looking down the whole time totally focused on finding more glass! lol

    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady.
    You know I love the Beach themed sweet lady.
    You did a Beautiful job putting your Tablescape together, love your Vintage Tablecloth and your ceterpiece with the candle. I hope to see you on my blog.
    Have a great weekend coming up with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment, Pamela. You are right that we have similar authentic styles. I think it is important to surround ourselves with the things we love. Your beach tablescape is very pretty with some really neat things. I especially like the little white basket with the two jar candles and the little white cabinet on the table. Both are items I would love to have and would so easily fit my stylet too. Maybe we are kindred design spirits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tablesetting but my eye was drawn to that white table...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all looks wonderful Pamela, nothing wrong with an indoor beach party.
    The linens are sweet and the iced tea looks refreshing.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just the words " Beach Cottage " make me feel good. I love all the beautiful beachy colors .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful table setting. I the beach feel and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry to hear that your weather is so bad! We have been super blessed this summer with gorgeous weather day after day.
    Your indoor beach table is lovely, everything is so sweet and pretty. What an adorable tablecloth, and the napkins are equally nice!
    I love it all!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pamela
    It looks like you had so much fun going beachy!
    I love it! I especially am partial to your vintage tablecloth, fo course.
    I've never heard of a lobster roll. Are these homemade? Sounds really yummy. Maybe you can share the recipe sometime!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely table! I adore vintage linens and your's is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The table setting is lovely.

    Thank you for sharing

    Love,
    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those little tea light holder filled with sand and shells!!! All is very pretty!! And so true... if the weather doesn't allow to go outside, just bring the beach in -we can all do that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. New Brunswick? Wow! I don't think I've ever met anyone from New Brunswick. Sorry to hear you're getting so much of the wet stuff. Please bottle it up and send it to the Midwest...we are still parched here! Very fun, beachy look...I hope it lifted your spirits! Your linens are great!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...