Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Kings Landing again

I hope you aren't tired of seeing pictures of Kings Landing Historical Settlement.

We went last week and really enjoyed our few hours there.  As it's near the end of the season and it was a weekday it was very quiet there.  The busy crowds of summer are gone and there were just a few tourists and locals wandering around the village.  The staff had lots of time to talk with us and explain the history of the homes and buildings we were in.

The Joslin Farm ~ 1860


The Hagerman house ~ 1880


The barkeep at the Kings Head Inn.


The dining room across the hall from the one we were in.
There were only 6 other people dining besides us.
The food is excellent country fare.


The Morehouse house ~ 1820






St. Mark's Church ~ Anglican ~ 1890


The Grant Store ~ 1890


The Perley House ~ 1870 ~ Country Gothic Revival

"The name Kings Landing Historical Settlement was chosen for the Kings
American Dragoons, a regiment of loyalists in the American Revolution,
and 'Landing', for a stopping point or wharf where boats could tie up."
~ from the pamphlet.

I have a few (I took 200) more photos to share another day.
This is one of my very favorite places to spend the day.  It's like taking
a step back in time.  I can wander the lanes and houses, breathe in the
wood smoked air, enjoy a nice meal at the Kings Head Inn, sit on a bench and watch
people, catch the wagon ride, and pretend I'm living in another time and place.

I'm joining Mary for:


I hope you'll join me there and I'll be back with more from Kings Landing soon.

Blessings,

Pamela




23 comments:

  1. Such a pretty place. A trip back in time. Love the mustard colored house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Pam...I am so ready for a simple back to the good old days vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like my kinda of village, small town! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely on my list of 'must see' when I finally get to visit my sister in NB. I love the Fortress at Louisbourg too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela
    I love historical villages like this. Life was simple back then but the women worked harder without the luxuries we have.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos --- love your new header. I always like pictures of white fences, or any fences... something about the rhythm of them? It looks like a wonderful time with your grandson. Your week sounds busy--I'm so worn out from summer I'm not quite ready for everything to start up again, but my week sounds like yours! Have a good one!

    dotsie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos of a beautiful place. I hope to visit again one day. I want some of that amazing bread! (I know, I can't stop talking about it. ☺)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pamela
    This is definitely like stepping back in time. My kind of place!
    I love your new fall banner too!
    Take care-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela,
    such a historic village is a treasure. I can imagine that you love to wnader there and to think about the gone decades. What have this houses all seen in that long time. So nice to see all the old furniture and stuff. It looks as if the inhabits just for a moment gone to join the Holy Mass.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Virkelig gode billeder.
    Tak for rundvisningen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish, I could be there...
    Thanks for sharing,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like I a place I would love to visit. There is so much to learn and places like this make it remarkably enjoyable. Thank you! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some lovely shots of the historical village. Looks like a very interesting place to visit. V

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pamela! Oh, what a lovely place! So many beautiful places around you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the winding roads and picket fences...that yellow gothic revival house is adorable!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can take me to King's Landing every week! I love historical places like this. So lovely, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very interesting spot. The Perley House is especially lovely! We went to Orwell Corner,here on the Island, this summer - it's similar but much smaller. I'm fascinated by those times although I'm glad I don't live back then!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a great post- loved looking at your wonderful pictures, felt almost like I was visiting in real life. :) Joining you for Mosaic Monday, oh love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your great photos !! So this is King's Landing so Beautiful. I love all the historical places like this one.

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Teablescapes for this week.
    I hope you have a great week. XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your great photos !! So this is King's Landing so Beautiful. I love all the historical places like this one.

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Teablescapes for this week.
    I hope you have a great week. XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just the kind of place I like to visit. I wish I had know about it while I was in New Brunswick this summer. Your photos are great!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful place Pamela. Wonderful photos!

    Your Fall banner is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful pics. Question for you - the portraits in the dining room is that Queen Victoria and Prince Albert?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...