summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Monday, September 12, 2011

old fashioned teatime

While at Kings Landing Historical Settlement last week some of the houses had their dining tables set for tea and I took a few pictures and realized I could use them for Teatime Tuesday.

This will be a different post and I hope you like it.

I thought of Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage who hosts Teatime Tuesday, when I saw these dishes on a table.  She collects Rose Chintz china.


This is a pantry in one of the houses with some beautiful china dishware.
Don't you love that large teapot?


I love these gorgeous dishes and the pretty lustreware.


This dining table is set for a meal.  Do you see the teacups on the sideboard
on the right?


More pretty china in a beautiful built-in cupboard in a dining room at the Jones House.


This is a dish dresser in a pantry.  I love the blue and white pitchers
and the old crocks too.


This parlour table is set for tea time.

I hope you enjoyed this teatime post from Kings Landing.  It's nice to see
how people of the 1800's enjoyed their teatime.
Wouldn't it be fun to dress in period costumes and entertain your
friends?  Just for a day!  

Thanks for joining me today.

I'll be joining  Sandi for Tea Time Tuesday at


I hope your teatime is lovely.

We have had some very nice weather lately and my flowers are just beautiful.
I'm watching the trees and noticing that the leaves are really fading and some have
already changed colour.  It'll be a couple more weeks, I hope, until the full fall colour shows.

I've started my fall decorating inside and out and will be posting about it later in the week.
I hope you will come back then.


Blessings,

Pamela






15 comments:

  1. Hello Pamela,
    Oh, your new header is so pretty. I love the photo of the path through the trees. What a lovely time you had at Kings Landing. Thank you for sharing the photos. They were nice to see. Everytime I see Rose Chintz on someone's blog, my heart goes pitter patter. Thank you for thinking of me, very sweet of you. It's always a pleasure to have you join me for Tea Time. Wishing you a wonderful week, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty , Pamela. That table must have drawers in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    It was very interesting to see Kings Landing-it is a long time since I was there.
    Funny,I was thinking of you when we drove through Fredericton yesterday.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela!
    What a fun tour. Reminds me of the visits made as a child to Williamsburg VA!

    Such pretty things.
    xx
    A
    That would be fun to "dress" for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love to see all the old dishes with their lovely patterns and adequate storage to display them handsomely. I think it would be fun if they would show a family at tea time. I never saw that while there though I did see a family enjoying their noon meal and it smelled good...some sort of stew.

    The leaves haven't begun to turn here much either, but there are damaged leaves falling every day from our storms. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful collection of old dishes, and a wonderful place. What a busy end to summer we've all had. I'm glad you got to see your family. It's so hard to see the teeny ones go because they grow so fast. I just had a peek at your flow blue post. Gorgeous dishes! Sounds like fall is lining up to be busy too. Hope your nice weather holds out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely time you had at Kings Landing and how nice of you to share the photos with all of us. Such pretty settings for teatime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pamela,
    when I see your pictures or when I visit such places, my imagination show me, how they lived with thise interierurs. Women with long clothes and hoods serve tea in this rooms. It is almost as an old movie. Thank you for feeding this nice imaginations with your lovely post.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela,
    Since we missed King's Landing on our recent trip to NB, I'm so glad you took us on this virtual tour of some of it. I hope we can get there next summer...for tea? I really like the photo of all the white ironstone on the pantry shelf. Can't wait to see the photos of your fall decorating...maybe I'll get some ideas!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to see Kings Landing. Some summer, I will make it. I love the old china and period homes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy visiting historic homes. This one is beautiful. After snooping around your blog, I've decided to go and click your "follow" button now.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed seeing all those lovely dishes and furniture. I am sure it would be an interesting place for all us tea time fans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. While I love to tour the old historic houses, I am struck by how dark and gloomy they really were. With the lack of gas or electric light, you really wonder why they were not opening more windows, and pulling back more curtains.


    Beautiful dishes, and I do so love beautiful dishes.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what lovely photos of Kings Landing - I haven't been there since going on school trips and of course I wasn't paying much attention to the china then! Will have to go back sometime soon - in the meantime I will travel vicariously through your blog - thanks, nancy leb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pamela,

    I just loved your tea time pictures from Kings Landing. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...