Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Camden, Maine


Camden  is a very pretty town on the coast of Maine.
It is famous for it's beautiful homes, the pretty harbour, wonderful
bed and breakfast inns and great restaurants.

This is Cappy's Chowder House which also has a gift shop and bakery.
You can even buy a can of their own chowder made in Maine.


Above are a few scenes from around the town. 
Did you notice the old toboggans on the lower left?
They are used for posters.  Cool idea!


A boat tour leaves the harbour. 


We even visited a llama farm. 


These wild turkeys were by the side of the I-95.
Apparently they are also making their way into New Brunswick via the
power lines between here and Maine. 

I hope you enjoyed my little trip to Camden.
I hope to go back there again someday and spend more time looking
around and taking pictures.  It is such a scenic area as is the whole coast of Maine.

I'll be back soon with a post about a nearby barn. 

Blessings,

Pamela




6 comments:

  1. Well, you do get around, and know how to have a good time! Your ladies trip sounded so fun! Your sunset pictures are very pretty. I had a busy time last week too, and now feel so deep into fall! It all looks so lovely where you are. No big changes here yet, except it's so much cooler lately. Where are you off to next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been years since my husband and I have been to Camden. Such a picturesque little town though. Your pictures above and below bring it back to life for me. Glad you had such wonderful weather and a great time with friends : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wonderful photographs. It is somewhere I will never get to visit but it was lovely to be on a virtual tour with you and I felt as though I was there!! Looks like you had great weather too,

    Enjoy the rest of the week, love Jackie.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some chowder would be good at a place like this! Thanks for the tour! The toboggans holding signs looks European!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of a truly charming place. I hope that those turkeys have their papers in order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love good clam chowder! What a picturesque little town, how fun that you could go there with your friends. I love it all!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...