summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

back to normal




birch trees

I am back home from visiting my family in Alberta.

I guess that means I'm back to normal.

{Hubby missed me greatly.}

I am back to normal ~ preparing meals, lunches,
doing laundry, cleaning the house etc. 
{he did pretty good on his own but he was very lonely}

However, I had a different "normal" for the past 12 days.

That "normal" was playing with Ewan.


he's a squirmy little one



watching Elmo


watching Jennifer make her Grammie's brown bread ~ Yum!


taking LOTS of pictures


Do you remember my mentioning having lunch
at Mitchell's  in Fort McMurray?

We took home sandwiches on Monday for lunch.
This is the citrus, pecan (toasted), pork loin sandwich with
sprouts and lettuce on their home made sunshine bread.
(the bread is really more yellow than that but I don't know
what 'secret' ingredient would make it so)

{the citrus part is marmalade!!}


De - li - cious!



The weather here at home is well - let's just say - spring is slow.

Very slow!

The trees haven't started to leaf out yet as it's been so cold
but the grass is very green and will have to be mowed soon.


this afternoon
Yeah, I know there are some brown patches - this is doggy territory -
and there is grass seed on those patches but it's just too cold to grow!

I've been away for almost 2 weeks and the trees look
the same as they did when I left!

Hopefully we'll get some warm sunny days soon so the blooms
and leaves can pop out. (and so I can get some new pics!)
The perennials are barely out of the ground, daffodils are still
blooming and the tulips are about to open up.
I can't wait!

So, I must continue on with my "normal" routine
and wash my new white sheets.

I hope your routine day is beautiful.

Blessings,
Pamela



14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Ewan is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a wonderful time! Great photo. I'm sure you're missing your kids, but it's always good to get home, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home Pam . . . Spring is slow to open up with blossom and blooms here in Michigan too. Soon, Soon, Soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back and that the trip was such a success. Know hubby is happy to have you around again - his lonely days are over! Even though you have to do the normal, routine things, they are what makes home "HOME", right! I love getting back after a trip - once the unpacking and laundry is out of the way!

    Oh your weather is very cool so I'm trying hard to send some of ours North. Today is our first this season where the temp. has topped 90 this afternoon...........and we may have 93-93 by Friday! My grass is beautiful but won't be for much longer if it stays hot like this.

    Looking forward to hearing more about the trip - your family looks so delightful and I'll bet Ewan is missing his Grammie already.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say you had a great time. Your grandson is adorable. V

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice you are home safe and sound after having a marvelous time.. Your grandson is so cute.. I have to tell you that after seeing your photo that I do remember you.. smile..
    God bless..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home, Pam. It must have been great to know how missed you were. Now some other folks are missing you. Your daughter's bread looks very good...you know how I love brown bread.

    I'm sorry that the weather hasn't cooperated so well. I can't believe the lack of leaves, though with the recent cold weather, ours have remained at about the same place they were a week ago. This is what we get for those four days of summer in March: a rotten April and a rotten start to May.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're home safe and sound, I'm sure you are glad to be home, sweet home. We missed you, but you sure sound like you had a terrific time. Your grandson is adorable sweet lady...like you! Thank you for your lovely visit and welcome back! Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home Pam. Let's hope things warm up here soon! The calendar says it's spring, but the thermometer doesn't...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you are finding the comfort in your everyday normal routine.
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and isn't it interesting how things don't change sometimes!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing like getting to visit grands and having so much fun, but also great to be home. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you are going to miss Ewan and Jennifer for a while now!
    I'm glad you got to spend some quality time spoiling the little guy.
    At least came home to green grass, Pamela. I'm still waiting for it here!
    There is something comforting about being home and back into your regular
    routine. And being with your hubby again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome home darlin', I'm so glad your home safe and sound. Sounds like you had a super trip. Your pictures truly do tell the tale!

    That little Prince is such a cutie!

    God bless and have a fantastic week sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...