summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Killarney Lake






Killarney Lake is a beautiful place to visit any time of year.

There is a nice swimming beach at the lake and many kilometres of walking trails all around it.  This was my first visit to this gem on the edge of the city.



My best friend of over 40 years, Lois, invited me to join her today. She brought her dog, Mocha, who enjoyed the walk as much as we did.  Lois wore snowshoes but the trail was beautifully groomed so I just had on my winter hiking boots.  




The sun shone brightly down on us in the open trail.
It was +5 Celsius today.  Perfect.  And too warm for a down coat!




A nice spot to sit and rest and enjoy the lake.  But, not today.



This is a person ice fishing on the lake.  He had his lawn chair and had cut a hole in the ice.  I don't know what the lake is stocked with.  Perhaps trout or bass.


I will definitely come out here again.  We weren't the only people there as others were cross country skiing or walking their dogs.
Who wouldn't on a beautiful day like this?

But it's not going to last.


Do you see the clouds on the horizon?  That's a storm front moving in from Ontario and Quebec.  The same storm that caused so much havoc in those provinces and in the US the past few days.
They are predicting 15 - 25 cm. of snow for us.  It'll be heavy, wet snow as the temperature will be around the freezing mark.
If you are in the path of this storm I hope you stay safe.

Thank you for all your visits and comments on my recent posts.
You are awesome!

Blessings to you!

Pamela



P.S.  I found a solution for slicing an orange safely.
I have a kitchen gadget from Pampered Chef that is intended to hold an onion while slicing it.  It works perfectly for an orange too.
I just sliced between every other tine for perfect slices and no cut fingers!  ;)









18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos . . . Looks like a perfect place to walk, ski, snow shoe . . . and come back later to sit by the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela
    That is a beautiful path for walking. It's hard to imagine as nice as it is today that you are going to have a snow storm tomorrow!
    I truly think I'm beginning to get cabin fever finally.
    Spring is just too far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great walk! Perhaps we could swap the seats for a week or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    What a beautiful trail & the sunshine is gorgeous! The snow that is on your way is very heavy...lots of water in it. More for us today as well. Great packing snow for making a snowman. Stay warm...
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second night in a row we awoke to a winter wonderland - to you from Ontario with love. :-)
    Looks like a nice place to walk any time of year, particularly on St. Patrick's day!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a wonderful trail. I'd love to have such a place to walk. Pedestrians are not allowed on the cross-country skiing trails. I'd walk on the snowmobile trials except that one could get killed. Yes, another day of rain on heavy snow. What a mess. A pretty mess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful -- and I'm sure it's just as pretty in the spring and summer. Another storm? Do you have a count for this year? As far as your beautiful orange slices, I wrote a post years ago dovetailing off of a book on lamb stew, called "How to Cut an Orange." That got so many hits, so many spams, so many searches that I removed my blog from being searchable, but people continued to reach that post. I changed the title, they still found it and I may have finally removed the post as it was a bit creepy. All that to say, people must really need to know how to cut an orange!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous place to visit for a winter walk.
    I just posted some photos of all the snow we got overnight. It seems to be headed out of our area and towards you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos make me feel like I'm walking right along with you! Good luck with the new snow. Hope it's not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking me along on this beautiful hike. What glorious scenery and pictures. I hope you do go back this summmer. There will be lots of green then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place ot walk/run! Hopefuly the snowstorm is not too bad. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a really beautiful place to walk. So fresh and white. I hope that you are surviving the storm well. Thinking of you easterners!

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad to hear you will be saving your fingers now ... that is a big relief off my shoulders. great snowy shots. i love the snow shoes - guess they work well? ( :

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is my idea of a perfect winter day, Pamela. What a gorgeous place to walk, even better with a dear friend!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you had the perfect weather for a winter trek in the outdoors. I love days like these, we can walk without getting cold. I love the bright sunshine on the snow, too.
    I hope you weather this next storm without any problems.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pamela,

    Thanks so much for your visit today.

    That does look like a beautiful place to take a walk. Your last picture is so pretty with the sun taking on a star shape.

    I hope the storm isn't too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful way to spend a bright, sunny, snowy, winters day!!!
    Love the snowshoes!!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...