Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Thursday, June 27, 2013

aqua blue for a summer seashore theme






The morning sun was shining through the window last week and I noticed the way it shone through the aqua bottles on the coffee table tray.

the 2 aqua bottles were a yard sale find several years ago and the bud vase was my mother's

That is one thing I like about the summer sun and the position of our living room.  It's the only time of year the sun shines in here and makes it feel cozy up until late fall.


This is an aqua coloured depression glass teacup called Pansy.
I put the birds nest in it under the cloche.


The Abalone seashell has that beautiful mother of pearl inside with all the pretty tones of aqua and pink - like an oil slick on the water.
The outside of it is rough and has perfect 'portholes'.




I enjoy decorating for summer with some sea shells and summery colours of aqua and lime green.

This is another one of those abalone seashells but it has more texture and growths
on the outside and it is pink.



This whole tray is on the coffee table and will be moved in just one week as two little grands will be visiting - one 11 month old will be quite inquisitive now that he's scooting around and pulling himself up to things.  His big 2 1/2 year old brother may not pay attention to these things but baby will be very interested I'm sure.
I'm in the process of child-proofing our home.
The electrical outlets are already plugged.

I wonder what kind of creature lived in this?

I am linking today with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for


and
Jann Olson's Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson for


It's almost the weekend and a long holiday one for us here in Canada.  Are you doing anything special for this Canada Day holiday?

I hope you have a wonderful, fun, safe summer weekend.
{I'll be back with another weekend post}

Blessings,

Pamela

26 comments:

  1. We are going to go to a small fishing town on Lake Winnipeg by the name of Gimli to watch the fireworks on Sunday evening. My hubby actually has a day off!
    YOur vignette on the coffee table is very pretty, I love the aqua glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the aqua/blue/green colors have recently become my favorites. Your things are lovely. I especially like the bird's nest in that beautiful cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela, I adore aqua glass! Your vignette is wonderful. Still loving that new cloche of yours. We had our little 11 month old guy last night. He's pulling up and walking around everything. He actually fell through one of the windows of the basement playhouse. They are down low so he didn't get hurt, but it startled him. He loved it in there with big brother. Have fun with your little guys! Would love if you linked this to SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your aqua bottles-gorgeous!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little aqua bottles. They are so pretty and fun to use this time of year.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela
    I like your summer blue themed tray.
    The abalone shell brought back memories
    of my childhood-we had one at home.
    You are on the count down now-yeh!
    Before you know it the g'kids will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful color Pamela!! What a pretty setting and you always capture them so beautifully. Love the blue bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It was fun to see your aqua glass. My what a treasure! Where you live looks so fresh and green and lush.Have great fun with your wee ones coming.Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the aqua blue pieces and the beautiful abalone sea shells. I think it is a very good idea to tuck the glass and shells away while the grandchildren are visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,
    I love your aqua décor. I also have some similar pieces. It is so beachy - can't wait for summer weather! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. Take care!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela,

    Your aqua theme is charming; love the collage, with its cool blues and interesting textures. Hope you get some sunny weather for Canada Day! Have a great weekend!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the close up's of the abalone shells! Great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ! Love the aqua glass and shells !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty aqua bottles! Have a lovely long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pamela, I love your aqua glass and shell vignette. So pretty. The top down shot is particularly effective. I know what you mean about moving stuff up off the coffee table when the little ones come. So tempting for little hands. Enjoy your weekend. We are going to hang out at home, perhaps go downtown to the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The aqua bottles and shells make a lovely vignette, Pam! My kind of decorating.
    Have a wonderful Canada Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blue glass and shells really do look like summer to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I love the blues of summer. Life is sure different with little ones around!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! You've collected a lot and display them so nicely. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Canada Day!
    We have The 4th of July celebration here next week.
    I And, I can almost hear the ocean from here! lol
    Beautiful!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that color combination -- aqua and lime green. You are right. They make a very summery feel. Have a great Canada Day! And a great visit from your grands!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Growing up three block from the beach we had fresh caught abalone for dinner several times a year. Delicious! Most gardens in the neighborhood were outlined with abalone shells and the shells were often used as soap dishes and as bowls for odds and ends.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Know what you mean when it comes to inquisitive little ones with busy hands - just had family visiting from AZ and their 4 y.o. was definitely checking things out, whereas the baby is not quite walking so he was no problem yet!! Know you are excited about the boys arrival - have a wonderful time.

    Lovely vignette dear - Summer has arrived with a vengeance - now we can complain about the heat!!!

    Happy Canada Day and enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Canada Day weekend, Pam! I am loving your aqua bottles and interesting shells! A very summery vignette on your table. Love the bird's nest in the aqua cup under the cloche too. Thank you for sharing your finds and antique bud vase of your mom's at my HOME and enjoy your little ones when they arrive.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the aqua glass!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely way to decorate your home for the summertime. Aqua glass is timeless, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...