summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Thursday, August 29, 2013

pretty St. Martins



This is my third and final post on our day trip to St. Martins this past Sunday.  I took so many pictures and can't share them all but, I decided to share some of my favourites in 3 stages.  If you missed the first two posts please scroll down the page below this one.





There is a nice wharf with lobster boats tied up, and some lobster traps and buoys along the side.  The little buildings are gift shops.

There is a small park in the middle of the intersection along with a lighthouse across the street from it.



There are also not one, but two, covered bridges on the same creek and within sight of each other.  This is very rare and a famous tourist attraction.

The bridge in the foreground has 
Irish River # 1, Vaughan Creek 1935
 at the top of the entrance.  Can you see the other bridge in the background?

Here it is below.


I wish we had driven across this bridge and taken photos from the other side up on the hill.  Next time.


This house was across the park and had some things for sale in the side yard as well as ice cream at the right side porch door.

This sign was on the outside on a chalkboard.


How fun is that?  No, I didn't try it.
I was too full from our meal, even though I love ice cream.

And this has to be my favourite house/shop there.
I love all the bright colours don't you?



I love this!!

And this!

I left empty handed as we had to hurry back home to 3 dogs and a cat who would be hungry by the time we got there.  



We made a quick stop at Faye's little gift shop too.  I knew she was away this day but had to stop and see for sure.  I wish I could have done some looking and shopping there as I know Faye has some great vintage things and lots of home made goodies for sale.
Next year.


All in all it was a wonderful day.  We really enjoyed our time with Mark and Jenn and seeing this beautiful village, the beach, caves and Fundy Trail.  I'm glad you came along with me too.

 I'll have to find something new to blog about now.  


Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Pamela




27 comments:

  1. Looks like a very wonderful destination for a wonderful day for sure! Love this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Road trips can be such fun and this trip had so much wonderful colour in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela, This was so interesting to me because I could put "two and two" together along with Faye's pictures over the years and I pretty much knew where I was!!! So exciting! I wish I could go there someday. I always looks very interesting. Your pics came out so well. I really enjoyed them. Thank you, again, for taking me on your Sunday outing.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a charming little community. And two covered bridges? Really special! Any chance to get bak there during peak foliage? It would be over the top fantastic. Sweet little shops and I do love the use of color. If it were New England, the buildings would be considerably muted...gray shingles, faded clapboards. Looks like a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am here via Faye's blog and silly me did not realize you are a fellow Canadian blogger had a few moments there I guess lol . I had a nose around your blog and just love it ! Wonderful posts and photos . Hello from Southwestern Ontario ! I am now your newest follower ! Looking forward to future posts and photos from your neck of the woods ! Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I came along too! What a neat place...and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sure is a beautiful area. A lighthouse, covered bridges, ice cream, and gifts shops - that's a winning combination, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lobster boats, buoys, lighthouses, covered bridges, and gift stores, my kind of dream vacations! Oh how I would love to visit there. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed my visit with my glass of coke. I used to be able to hula hoop for 10 minutes no problem. But now I am lucky to get 1 minute. Beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those covered bridges are just awesome! I wish we had some around here. The blue building is gorgeous. Of course, I love the lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is an extremely pretty area. This might be a daft question, but is there a reason why the bridges are covered?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely an exciting place to explore and the the small lighthouse and shops are quaint.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Pam .. You did such a lovely blog about St. Martins.. I wish I had
    been home but like you say perhaps next year..
    Take care.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing your "St. Martins in 3". Covered bridge is charming . . . makes me wonder about THE WHY of making a covered bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a quaint and colorful village. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous Pamela - love the store - those planter chairs are beautiful !!!
    The Maritime's are a national treasure!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful place Pamela and I also love love that blue shop. just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pamela
    Traveling with you has been the next best thing to being there myself.
    You're photos are so vivid and really bring the place to life!
    St. Martins is definitely on my Bucket List now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like a wonderful place to visit! I'd love to see the shops, I love all the colors. Your photos are just beautiful, Pamela! Thanks for taking us along.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great tour, Pamela (I had to see all 3 posts naturally) - colourful buildings, great trails, caves, bridges ! When I visited there (really many years ago) I couldn't believe how the landscape was so transformed by the tides - incredible. Thanks for taking us along.

    Enjoy the long weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post. my kinda place to visit. Love all the bright quirky places. looks like you had good weather too. Have a good weekend, Jackie in Surrey UK.

    PS A covered bridge is a timber-truss bridge with a roof and siding which, in most covered bridges, create an almost complete enclosure. The purpose of the covering is to protect the wooden structural members from the weather. Wikipedia

    ReplyDelete
  22. That colorful house is so adorable! Love the screen door on the side. I know what I'm going to do if I ever find an old screen door!

    We have a covered bridge in our town - one lane and you have to take turns crossing it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Pamela! Oh, sounds like a wonderful day and what sights! I love that little blue house with the chairs for flower pots! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi dear Pamela! This place looks gorgeous, I miss going to places like that when I lived in NY! I knew you were liking my post with my photographer daughter, you been such a photographer yourself! I'm your fan too. Thanks for your sweet and kind visit.
    Have a lovely week Pam.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the tour. I love all the red pops in your photos -- the color red adds so much to a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't even say what I love best about these photos...the lighthouse, covered bridge....neat shop! What gorgeous views everything you look and the weather must have been perfect! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...