Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Monday, June 16, 2014

St. Andrews-by-the-Sea





Ahhhh....beautiful St. Andrews-by-the-Sea.....a small resort town on the coast of New Brunswick right on the Passamaquoddy Bay.  Above is a photo of Minister's Island and the former summer estate of the late Sir William VanHorne.  See more about this man here.

A favourite haunt of ours during the summer months, we try to get down there a few times a season so, on Sunday we decided to take a drive for the day.  Our friends D and T came with us and although it was very overcast and cool when we left the sun was shining for most of the time we were there and it was quite warm even with the gusty winds.

These are two beautiful homes along the shore.

The tide was out but was quickly coming in so we wandered the beach for a while looking for shells and beach glass.

There were a lot of rocks wearing long seaweed hair so T scratched a face on this one.

There were stretches of rock and periwinkles all over.  

The tide came in quickly over this spit of beach.



Reflections of clouds and sky on the water as the tide rolls in.  

Within half an hour after I took this photo the beach was pretty well covered with water.




We had a lovely picnic lunch with this beautiful view above.   We found a freshly stained table next to the water and it was sheltered enough that the wind wasn't bad.  The sun shone and it was just perfect.  No flies or mosquitoes either.  



Obviously I took too many pictures again!  I think it was about 125.  So.  I'll save some for another post...or two.  I hope you enjoyed the seacoast at St. Andrews.  If you wish to see other posts about this beautiful town just click on the labels below.   I'll be back soon to share the other places we saw while there.

Have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Pamela

30 comments:

  1. beautiful shores! nice to share with friends, too. liked the seaweed hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this Pamela. It looks like a fabulous place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely place and very charming! It looks as if you enjoyed a good day away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely spot to have a picnic. I particularly like the colors in the larger lighthouse photo. And the shells close up! Wow ! I'll look forward to more ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always enjoy hearing about St. Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fantastic tour! I would love to see more photos!!! We do have SUCH a beautiful country don't we?
    big hugs from Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no doubt . . . you live in great beauty . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing like a walk along the shore and a picnic with good friends. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so fascinated with your pictures of St. Andrews- by- the- sea. You probably do not remember me telling you that we did drive through there and stopped for a while on our way to Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia. St. Andrews- by - the- Sea is so pretty. I know it has special meaning for you and your husband. I can't wait to see the other photos that you have. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,

    What a wonderful place! I love the shot of the grass, the lighthouse and of course, those pretty houses on the coast! New Brunswick has so many spectacular spots for sightseeing some of the country's picture perfect postcard places! Thanks for the picnic!

    Have a lovely week!

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, looks like a gorgeous day. i love the sea shots. the flowers in the foreground. the lighthouse. wow, what a fun day. i always have to think about your temps compared to us ... makes me work those brain gears. ha. ha!! enjoy your day!! & week too. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sea shore is so foreign to me. I have been to the beach in California decades ago and to Texas beaches. It would be lovely to visit the sea again, so I enjoy your photos of the shells, the sand and the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pamela...oh my goodness...this place is gorgeous! A totally different kind of sea shore than I am accustomed to seeing too! Love those beautiful shells and those clouds in the sky make such interesting effects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. St.Andrews by the Sea has such a romantic sound and I enjoyed your photos. A picnic lunch with friends makes for a nice outing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What better way to spend Fathers Day....than a day at the beach!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice! Love the shot of the stones and shells. You are in good company. Lots of us take too many pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous place Pam! Did you find any beach glass? Love the seaweed rock thingy!
    My service berry is about 5 years old and it stands about 8 feet tall. I read that they can grow to 40 feet, but I trim mine every fall. The birds love the berries, and anything the birds like, I like too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely place to spend the day! Enjoyed all the photos and am looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! How beautiful! I don't mind saying I'm a bit envious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that looks like a great day. The scenery is so pretty. I love the lighthouse in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful series of photos - it's so beautiful there, and thank your for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the beach scenes and the lighthouse! I would go crazy gathering shells there. Did you find any beach glass?
    I have almost 200 photos that I took of the Black Hills and the Bad Lands in South Dakota last week. Not sure when I'll get any edited and posted as the weeds in the garden and the swimming pool are calling me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am just like you in the taking photos situation Pam, why take 1 when 10 will do!!! I always have to edit and edit and edit. These pictures are beautiful, I really like the ones with the lighthouse, they look so very much like I imagine the coast and scenery to look where you live. Glad that you had a good picnic with your friends, lots of fun!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW I need to as this place to my bucket list!! Amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one to take so many pictures all the time but 125???? lol. It looks like a lovely picnic and an amazing spot to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh St Andrews is beautiful it fascinates me the tide. I want to come and pick up periwinkles. Great shots. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  27. It really is gorgeous and looks like you had lovely weather for your outing! Hugs, Diane (I take a lot of photos when I find something this picturesque, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Get Facebook Likes on your fb page, likes on your facebook pictures, followers on your facebook id, shares of your facebook posts, every thing is available here, visit for more details
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...