Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Friday, October 10, 2014

fall phone photos

A rainy day in the fall can bring out the best of colours in the landscape.

Hi everyone.   I hope you don't mind but I have a few more fall pictures to share with you.  The colour as been spectacular this past week and I'm always ready to take pictures of it whether walking or driving in the car.  Because one can't always take their camera with them every where they go it's handy to have a cell phone that can slip into a pocket of a purse, jacket or jeans.  They take pretty good pictures too so I am sharing some that I took this past week when it was raining and I didn't have my big camera with me.  Most of the photos were taken on dark cloudy days so I had to lighten them a bit.  I hope you aren't tired of seeing them!  :-)  

I tweaked this one a bit in Picasa.



Note the bare trees along the hedgerow.  I can't believe how fast the leaves are dropping.
Soon our scenery will be browns and greys and dark green ~ the dullness of late fall until the snow starts to cover the landscape.

 Pumpkins for Sale

I found a few pretty roads in our area the other day in the rain.  It was pouring rain when I took this picture between wiper swipes.  









If you look closely at the rise of the road you'll see a deer in the middle.  We watched 3 deer cross the road there.

Do you use your phone's camera a lot?  It sure comes in handy when you don't want to miss a photo opportunity.  

It's our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.  Monday is the holiday and we will have our son and his wife join us for dinner.  The weather sounds perfect for October with sunshine, a bit of cloud and typical average fall temperatures around the mid-teens Celsius.  I'm hoping we'll have a real bonfire (not just burning weeds!) and do some s'mores some evening.  I bought the ingredients back in June and haven't used them yet!  They'll be stale by next summer so we have to make it happen.  Of course the big Hersey's chocolate bar can be eaten no matter what!  :-)  Murray and I are going to visit Kings Landing Historical Settlement this afternoon and I can't wait.  I haven't been there all summer and they close for the season on Monday.

 I'd like to wish my Canadian friends a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving.  I hope you enjoy the holiday and don't eat too much turkey and pie.  



Blessings to you!
Pam


27 comments:

  1. Morning, Pam! Oh, how gorgeous it looks around you. It's beginning to look a lot like that here too! I'm so going to enjoy the fall.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. You do have beautiful country around you. And, yes I use my iPhone frequently because it does lend a decent quality image and the photos go into the cloud so that I don't have to mess with downloading into iPhoto. While, of course, it has limitations, for spur of the moment need a camera, the phone camera works just fine. Love your photos today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely!!! This show of autumn colors, doesn't last long. We need to get photos, while we can.

    No I don't even have the kind of cell phone, which can take pics. :-) Really! My husband and I just have the cheapest old phones we can get. For mutual contact, like when out shopping and we are in diff parts of a store.... And for safety when driving. :-)

    But people are certainly taking marvelous photos, with cell phones!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving!!! You are so lucky to have it now!!!!! Ours is practically at Christmas time. -sigh-

    Tessa~
    "Here there be musing" blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post and photos . Our fall colours are in dribs and drabs some have changed some haven't and some are bare already ! Thanks for sharing your neck of the woods , Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are excellent snaps for a 'normal' camera, let alone a mobile 'phone. I didn't realise (apologies!) that Canada had a thanksgiving day! We want one too! But have a lovely weekend. PS Isn't King's Landing somewhere out of 'Game of Thrones'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy thanksgiving to you! and thanks for sharing your autumn beauty. :) love the lines of clouds going over the field with the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving, Pam. Your photos are lovely, and evoke such a wonderful feeling of fall. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving Pamela to all of your family. Have a fantastic visit with your family. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving, Pamela. I hope the weather cooperates for your bonfire. I never tire of seeing beautiful autumn scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful fall shots, Pamela. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are enjoying a beautiful fall, Pamela. I love your photo's. Yes, I do use my phone to take photo's alot, I just got an iphone 5c and it takes great pictures. I just need to learn to upload them to my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have an awesome cell phone camera!! Your pictures are almost better than my fancy camera!!
    Lovely!!! Look forward to the fall colors AND especially the cool temps!!
    It's going to be 85 degrees here tomorrow!! Grrrrrrrr :-///

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your phone take beautiful images. Mine doesn't. Beautiful scenery. Our late color trees are coming on fast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful shots! I really like the third one! Great colors in these. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving! Your photos are great,,,,I love all the mix of red and orange. We don't have as much red in our leaf colors around here. They sure make your pictures pop with color though! and I love the pumpkins for sale....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is it just me or do you see the double eye in the cloud, too? lol! Your photos are just so colorful and pretty! I love Fall, but just wish the leaves didn't fall so quickly after changing colors. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never ever tire of your pics dear Pamela - keep them coming whether by camera or phone - all so great. Your trees are so much ahead our ours, well ours haven't really started changing yet, and I love seeing your scenery. It does look perfect for your Thanksgiving celebration on Monday - have a wonderful time.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Thanksgiving!! hope you have a great time. i love all the farm lands fall shots ... gorgeous!! so lovely. hope all is well. take care & big big hugs. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!
    Have a good Sunday.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You take the best photos, no matter what you use. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your photos are wonderful and it is so lovely to see such beauty in nature. I love the second picture that you tweaked, it looks great and also the one with the deer and the one with the pumpkins for sale!! I hope that you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and enjoying your s'mores! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos . . .
    Gorgeous season . . .
    Happy Thanksgiving Pamela . . .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely fall colours. Hope you get to make and eat s'mores!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm not tired of seeing your fall photos at all! I'm so glad that I finally got an iPhone earlier this year. It has been a lifesaver when it comes to medical scheduling and contacts. But the camera part is the best part! I use it around the house too because it is just so much easier than lugging out the BIG and HEAVy cameras. And the picture quality is terrific! (Not the best for print enlargements because of low resolution, LOL, but certainly quite alright for web use!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...