Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Sunday, December 28, 2014

a mosaic memory of the year 2014





I decided to join Judith over at "Lavender Cottage" for Mosaic Monday with a picture mosaic of 2014.  I was going to do one big mosaic but thought the photos I chose might get 'lost' so decided on several mosaics instead.  You know me and my pictures by now.  :)

2014 was a big year for me with two trips to Calgary to visit our daughter and her family, our son's wedding, a new grandson, my sister's visit home from British Columbia for a month and lastly, the passing of my dear brother from cancer in November.  Every year, every week, brings it's joys and sorrows and we accept it all with whatever emotion carries us through those moments.  I have shed tears of joy and tears of sorrow, and have also laughed, at the events that life gave me this past 12 months.   God has blessed me through it all and I look forward to what He will bring into my life in the new year.


January-February 2014
Last winter was one of unending snow it seems.  We had many big storms that piled the snow up until April.  I bought several bouquets of tulips to bring some colour and cheer into our home through the winter months.  The bottoms 2 photos are in Lake Louise, Alberta, the one on the right being the 'announcement' of grandbaby # 3 to come in August. 


April-May 2014
Even with snow in April, spring did arrive in all it's newness with blooms and green everywhere.


June-July-August 2014
We had a gorgeous summer with lots of sunshine and some really hot days.  Everything grew and blossomed.  Our biggest events were in the summer, mainly in August.  Our new deck and pergola was built in June and we enjoyed it immensely.  In July when my sister was home we celebrated one last time together, our July birthdays with our brother.  Little did we know that he'd be taken 'home' just over three months later.  August saw the marriage of our son Mark, to Jenn.  And.  The arrival of our newest grandson, Liam, a third boy for our daughter Jennifer and son-in-law Matthew.


I thought I'd better share this mosaic of our other two grandsons, Ewan and Eli, Liam's big brothers.  


 September-October-November 2014
Some sunny days and rain and early snow in November.


Well that brings us to the last month of the year ~ December.  The month of Christmas and winter.

December 2014

That's a look back at my 2014.  I took hundreds of photos this year, as always.  :)  It's hard to choose from them but I picked a few favourites to highlight the seasons and events.

Thank you to all of you who read my blog.  You have been very supportive of me through this year and I really appreciate each one of you.  I pray that 2015 will be a great year for you.  

Join us at Judith's "Lavender Cottage" for Mosaic Monday.

Blessings to you.
Pamela


37 comments:

  1. It has been quite a year for you.

    The shots from the West bring a smile to me, but then mountains pretty much automatically do that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a year of highs and lows and I pray the new year will bring you blessings my friend. I love the mosaics you made and the family photos. It was hard to choose just a few, wasn't it? Happy New year! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your mosaics and your posts throughout the year. God bless you in 2015! You truly are an inspiration as you shared both joy and sorrow. By the grace of God we go. thank-you for your visits and kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to look back and remember photos from your posts, of course I likely missed a few. I couldn't do one big mosaic either as the pictures would have been very small.
    As we bond as blogging sisters, the pain of one is felt by all and although you lost your brother, Liam brought new life and blessings to the family.
    Thank you for participating in Mosaic Monday when you could Pam, all the best of 2015 to you and Murray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pendulum really swung wide for you this year. I am sure that you love the photos of your family and grandsons, though that photo of you with your sister and brother is so special. He leans in, as you do, and his arm extends around your sister so that his hand touches your shoulder. Such loving interconnectivity there! And the year ends with such a glowing look at Christmas and the reason we can sing and move forward. A Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing your mosaic memories...I am too tired to even try to put my year in mosaic...Maybe later...maybe the new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this 2014 overview in mosaic very much Pamela.
    I have done just a few mosaics, I need to work on that for 2015!
    What program do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of memories, Pam!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life does bring us so many highs and lows. You have done a beautiful job of bringing them all together. XO Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post and photos , Oh the memories now on to new ones for the new year ! Thanks for sharing Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your photo's, you do a great job! That sweet baby,so precious, my birthday is in August also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Pam like you it has been on roller coaster of a year and we made it and will continue to go forward gathering those photos and memories because that is what we do and you have done it very well. HUGS to you and your photos are beautiful. B

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous array. #3 is already extremely photogenic. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pamela you have done a great job of capturing your year with wonderful photos and so nicely arranged with the mosaics. As you scroll through each section depicts a season in the year and is filled with color. Wishing you all the best in 2015--maybe a quieter year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful photos in each mosaic, Pamela. Well done! Have a nice week and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly had quite an eventful year! I'm glad you were able to share with all of us. Happy New Year in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though you have had some sad times you have had many happy blessings. I love how you have put together the mosaics showing each season of 2014! Thanks for sharing your year with us.
    Wishing you much happiness in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoyed your year through your photos although it was sad to see your brother. How nice that you got to celebrate your birthdays one more time.
    I always enjoy your posts.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautiful Pam! Thanks for sharing. All the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful highlights of your year...Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous recap of the past year. You have been a very busy gal. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Pam, what a wonderful year you have had! Sad news about your brother but there were many happy times too. Wonderful memories and lovely photos. I wish you and your family a very happy & healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful photos, Pamela! I can't believe 2014 is almost over already.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Simply beautiful, Pam.. May God bless you in the coming year.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photos say so much, Pamela, of the wide contrast of ups and downs this last year has brought for you.
    You can actually see so much love that is represented in all of your photos. Family, a true gift to us from above!
    Happy New Year, my friend, and may 2015 be a blessed one for you and your family.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful and touching photos of your year, Pamela. Bless your daughter's heart....3 little boys! She has her hands full - what a wonderful blessing. It's so wonderful that you got to spend that precious time with your brother. Wishing you and your family many lovely blessings in the coming New Year! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year to you Pamela. You have had quite the year, and as always your photos are spectacular! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  28. May 2015 be even better for you and your family. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Pam I've missed you and everyone so very much. I was just able to delete all and re-nstall, no dwelling.

    Your post was amazing, all the joy, fun, overwhelming times and yes then sad times as well. You sure did have a big year and what a way to remember it by. 100's of photos, no matter how many your photos are always a joy to look at, thanks and have a great holiday season and Happy New Year, (in the event I don't make it back)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pamela, these are such lovely mosaics of your 2014. It really is hard to pick and choose...you are right, the photos get too small if we choose too many! Many blessings to in 2015, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What beautiful family photos, Pam! And such a beautiful baby. We have a Lium in our family too, although it's spelled 'Leum' from the Norwegian ancestors. The scenery in Alberta is just stunning. I'd love to visit there someday when teleportation has been fine-tuned. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like a great 2014. The autumn set is my favorite, as usual. Hopefully, you all will not have such a harsh winter with less snow.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Everything you do is so nicely done...you can tell even in your gorgeous pictures! Your grandchildren are so cute and precious. I especially like the picture of you, your sister and brother. 2014 is almost over and so we head onward. Let's hope 2015 is full of peace and hope!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your mosaic recapture of the past year!! Perfect and it looks like you enjoyed many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  35. A lovely review of your year! I hope that 2015 brings only good things to your life and that you have a happy new year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fear Pamela, what sweet images! Happy New Year to you! I wanted to reach out to each of you, and say thank you for giving me such a beautiful friendship across many miles. It has been a difficult month for me. If I sit to use the desktop, within a minute, or two the nerve compression pain begins. If I lie down, and prop up my laptop, which is very slow to run, as I am doing now, I have pain relief. Thus said, I am going to copy and paste this message to you wonderful people who encourage me to keep moving forward in this amazing blog world, otherwise, I would not be able to greet each of you at this time. I cannot tell you enough, what having you as friends has done for me...just wonderful blessings! Hugs from afar~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Pamela!!.. I love your blog!!....you have a new follower
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...