Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Good Fences in St. Andrews by the Sea







No, I haven't gone to a southern climate during this very cold February.  I wish.  I haven't had much to photograph lately other than snow so I went back into my albums and found some photos that I haven't shared yet.  Last July, on my birthday to be exact, my sister, Maggie, and I went to our favourite coastal town of St. Andrews by the Sea.  We spent a wonderful day there walking around, dining on an outdoor patio by the water eating lobster rolls (sandwiches), shopping and walking on the beach.  It was a reprieve from visiting our brother who was battling cancer in the hospital.  
I just happened to find some fences in these photos to share with you for Good Fences this week.

This fence was made of cork floats strung on ropes and the yarn has been hanging around it for many seasons.  This fence is in front of a shop called Cottage Craft where knitters make beautiful sweaters, etc. for sale.  I have a beautiful sweater that my sister, Pat, knit for me when I was about 20 with yarn from this shop.  Sadly, the wharf around the building was deemed unsafe and the business was closed all summer which was a real shame.  The building is a historic one and needed many expensive repairs.  I hope it will be open for this year's season.

The chain link fence around Cottage Craft - July 2014.


The fence along the wharf has wire cables.  


This white picket fence is alongside the property of the historic Sherrif Andrews house.



If you look closely you can see a fence around the dock/deck.  It is posts and rope.

Thanks for joining me for a taste of a lovely summer day by the sea.  I'm sure it is not warm there right now either.  
I'm sharing with the folks at Good Fences # 47.

Have a great day!

Pamela



33 comments:

  1. A lovely variety of fences and it is lovely to see the sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing this is so far from the weather you are having now I am loving your little beauty of a place that I want to go visit and play someday. Take care stay warm and safe out there. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute place to visit, it is a shame the shop had to close.. Great collection of fences and photos. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great place to spend your birthday! This time of year it's a pleasure to go through summer photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is the cork fence with all that colourful
    yarn on it :) Would love to see that store from inside
    when it's back in business :))
    Have a fine day
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all need to look back at photos taken in nicer times, especially at this time of the year. I haven't posted much lately as it is all wether related and I think we've all seen plenty of snow photos. The buildings and sea scenes are wonderful and you found a variety of fences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great selection of fences. I see a lot of strength and beauty!
    enjoy a beautiful day..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for our stash of photos to draw upon for days such as today when there is nothing going on and we feel the need to blog. Did you go whale watching? Wouldn't that be a thrill. I probably should participate in Friday Fences, but fences here are boring or perhaps I haven't been looking. Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all sorts of good fences. the cork and yarn one sure is unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shots Pam, of a warmer day, for sure. I haven't been to St. Andrews for at least 5 years. Have to make it a priority this coming summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice warm weather scenes! I hope the wharf is repaired soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing summer scenes today, it is pretty chilly outside here. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh...let's go whale watching

    (okay...I have a short attention span)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures of a lovely place. I'm guessing you have bittersweet memories to go along with the photos, and are missing your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, so pretty! Can I come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  16. These were wonderful. I'd so enjoy going whale watching. The cork fence with the yarn was so interesting. Nice white picket fence too. Sounds like a charming place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sure looks like a lovely area! I would have definitely made time to eat a lobster roll. Or two...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great fences, whale watching one day I will have to try that, our whales have increased in numbers over the last few years.
    Merle.........................

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous place. I know you will be happy when all of that snow is gone and you acen enjoy the lovely views there again. xo Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, snow and more snow. It's nice to travel back to summer with you. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Boy, I regret not visiting that place when I was in the area! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. One year we are going to drive out east for a holiday. I'll have to remember this quaint village! Lovely images of a well-weathered town. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Pamela, this is such a lovely post and what a beautiful town to browse around. Thanks for all the pretty photographs, I enjoyed this virtual tour very much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful series of fence shots!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like my kind of place by the Sea. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a pretty place to spend the day. hope they can get the necessary repairs made.

    nice selection of fences too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful reminders that Summer is on it's way.. I just hope it isn't lost in the snowstorm coming on Sunday.. smile..Your photos are lovely as always, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. looks like such a cool place to visit. i enjoy all the cheerful happy colors. so fun!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great way to take your mind off of the snow and cold. Love that picket fence!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful place to visit and spend the day, I am sure that it was a good break for you at that difficult time last year. It is so nice to look back at sunnier warmer times isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pam, I always enjoy it when you take us on a little tour of St. Andrew's By the Sea, for it is the kind of place I think of when I daydream about relocating back to southern Ontario, one day. Your visit with your sister to this charming town, sounds lovely and peaceful.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful spot in Canada!! And some delicious lobster rolls too!
    I think that may be the very Whale Watching tour I went on on a long ago visit. (didn't see any -- it was a foggy morning that day.) I bet it's just as beautiful with a blanket of snow too. Love the weathered white picket fence.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...