Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Sunday, February 22, 2015

the moon and stars they shine at night






I had to share one little post with you before this photo got too outdated.  On Friday night, February 20, I had heard about the alignment of Venus and Mars in close proximity to the moon in it's first quarter.   I knew it was supposed to be cloudy and snowy on Saturday night and Friday night was clear.  I happened to glance out the window, as I often do even when it's about dark, and noticed the moon and the bright Venus in the western sky.  I grabbed my camera and went out on the back deck to capture this shot.  It's not totally clear and I heard later that Mars looked red to some viewers, perhaps as it got darker.



I sure wish I had a better zoom lens on my camera as it's a bit blurry, however, I was pleased to capture this moment before it got completely dark {the blue hour}.




Now,  I've got to get busy packing.  I can't focus and will probably end up doing it all tomorrow.  :)

Take care.  Thank you for your visits, comments and good wishes!

Blessings,
Pam



23 comments:

  1. Great photos, Pamela! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so that was it. I did see this, and thought it was beautiful to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its beautiful Pam. It was cloudy both Fri and Sat night here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shots . It was cloudy here so never got to see it . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day and enjoy your trip ! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is a great photo, Pam. Now get busy on that packing. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful capture Pamela. I'm terrible at night photos. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam....
    I got the same shot on Friday night....beautiful,eh?
    Did I miss something? Are you going away?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I was watching the crescent moon this evening through the treetops in the southwestern sky. Pretty, but not as cool as your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! I missed it - clouds! Enjoy your trip with those sweet Grands. xo K

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Pam!
    Have a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried moon shots, but not with such good results. The photo is magical. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heard about this. These are some awesome shots, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love looking at the stars. so cool you pointing these out ... very cool. happy packing!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  14. How amazing and wonderful!! We saw the really bright "star" beside the moon the other night, but didn't realise that it was in fact Venus, so thank you for telling us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You captured that well!

    Enjoy your time in Calgary! Hopefully you can escape the snow. I haven't checked their weather...but it is like spring over here in the Fraser Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam, kudos to you for capturing this glowing gang!! Beautiful!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shot. I haven't been able to capture the night shots like that of the moon yet.
    And you got the whole gang. Venus and Mars.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...