Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Thursday, June 4, 2015

meeting Linda






On Monday I woke up, got out of bed and greeted the cloudy cool day so excited to meet a fellow blogger.

Linda Keaveney blogs at "woke up, got out of bed..."  and is from Ontario.  She and her 'boyfriend' were visiting the Maritime provinces....he on a business trip and she along for the ride...and included a 2 hour drive from Moncton to Fredericton just so Linda and I could meet in person.  Well, 'the boyfriend' had a meeting too, but I thought it was so good of them to fit it all in so we could meet.  


We met at Eastside Mario's for lunch.  We got talking so much the waitress came over and asked if we were ready to order about 10 minutes later.   We asked her to come back in a few minutes so we could look at the menu and kept on talking.   After another 20 minutes we flagged her down and ordered.  :-)  We talked, in between bites of food, for over 2 hours!  It was like we have known each other for years....which I guess we have through our blogs....so it wasn't difficult or awkward to find topics to discuss for sure.  She gave me a beautiful 'knitted-by-her' cowl to wear in the winter.  (It was so cold here yesterday that I could have worn it!)  What a grand time we had!  Have you ever met another blogger in person?  This is my 4th one and all have been wonderful.  In fact, I hope to be meeting one this summer for a second time but will wait to share that with you.

If you've never visited her blog you should as you will enjoy her beautiful photos of her gardens and cottage.  Stop by and say Hi!    {Hi Linda!!}

Linda and her husband continued on to Nova Scotia in the rain and cold.  I'm sorry the weather was so awful for their visit.  It's been unseasonably cold here this week but this morning the sun is shining again and the temperatures will warm up to 18C.  

I hope you have a beautiful day!
Blessings,
Pamela



18 comments:

  1. cute shot of the two of you. i've met two bloggers in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to see your picture and to know that it went so well!!! You are both great ladies, so it shouldn't be a surprise at all!! Hope that your summer blogger meeting is as much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to meet up with Linda and have a great chat about family and things. You will get good use out of that cowl in the winter. I've met up with 2 bloggers, but would love to meet more. There is a Bloggers Fling in Toronto this coming weekend but the cost of staying there and all the events was huge and not in my budget. I love meeting others for tea and a chat. Has the weather warmed up for you? It has been nice here since yesterday so hopefully it will stick around this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo if the two of you . . . I could tell by your dress there was a chill in the air.
    Isn't it fun to meet up with one you have written to and been friends for a few years!
    I have met four friends . . . Penny, Joan, Sarah and Kim . . ,
    In fact one them just sent me, (today) hand made pillow cases.
    I have one of her cases and was telling, (hinting maybe) how much I like sleeping on that case.
    There I go again, off track . . . I will go visit your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful thing to meet up with fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how we get to know each other through blogging, but meeting in person is just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with Linda! It is so much fun to meet a fellow blogger. I've met James from J_onTour and Mike from BitAboutBritain AND Carla, from TheRiverFlowing blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet experience and a great photo of you guys! It really is amazing how blogging creates a relationship where you can feel so close to someone you've never met face to face! How wonderful that you had this chance to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always such a treat to meet a fellow blogger. Glad you both could make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a great visit together. Too bad it was so cool. Looks like we finally have a nice weekend coming. I was up to Greys today to get all my annuals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam!
    I so enjoyed meeting you....and chatting....and eating!
    Gosh those sandwiches were tasty!
    Boyfriend took some good pictures of us....♥️
    Weather is improving....off to Mahone Bay tomorrow and then home!
    I am pooped from climbing the hills here in Halifax!
    Felt so comfortable with you...here's hoping I get to meet some more of my blog friends....
    Perhaps we can at least have a chat when you are up in Ontario end of July!
    Cheers Pam!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. only 1 for me ... i hope to meet more one day ... God willing & all. so fun!! love your hair ... u look 2 cute. i need to check her out. thanks for the link. so rainy here in VA. hope you are well. big big hugs. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a treat that you could meet your blogging friend, Pamela! Even better that you got along so beautifully and had a memorable visit. I'll have to stop by Linda's blog to take a little look.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice for you to meet another blogger, especially one of our Ontario gals. I'm meeting with Wendy from September Violets for the first time on Saturday to go antiquing together.
    I'll pop by Linda's to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! Glad you were able to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad that you were able to meet in spite of distance and weather. It is rather embarrassing when the weather doesn't cooperate for a meet. It's as if we feel responsible for making "our corner" cooperate. I know the feeling well. =D

    Very cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How nice to spend time with a fellow blogger. Sounds fun.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. so nice to meet a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...