Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Friday, September 4, 2015

country roads in Kings Landing





On a very hot and humid day recently, I went to Kings Landing.  I don't normally go there alone as I love company when I walk through the village.  I was meeting someone very special there that day.....someone who had travelled across Canada and was touring New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island with her husband....someone I had met before in Chilliwack BC.....someone whose blog I've been following for a few years now.   That someone is Judy of the blog MY FRONT PORCH.  It was wonderful to see her again and to meet her husband, Elmer. We three set out to the Kings Head Inn for lunch before touring through the settlement.  We enjoyed a lovely meal with their delicious  brown bread before heading out to enjoy the houses and history represented here of life in our area in the mid-to late 1800's.



This is a friend of mine who plays the role of "Mary", the organist at the little white church.  

I try to take different scenes and angles of houses each time I visit Kings Landing.  It's amazing what one sees when you look for it.


Mary was on her way home wearing her fancy straw hat.








And here we are....Judy and I.


Judy and her husband, Elmer.

What a wonderful afternoon we had.  That evening Judy and Elmer joined Murray and I for dinner where we enjoyed wonderful fellowship and food together.  They continued on their tour of New Brunswick and PEI the next day which she has shared on her blog with many beautiful photos.  Click on the link in my first paragraph to see her photos and find out what other blogger she met in PEI.  We may be spread out across our country or continent but when bloggers meet it makes the world seem much smaller.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, especially those who celebrate the Labour Day holiday on Monday. It's going to be sunny and hot here!  Yay!!  Be safe and have a fun time.

Blessings,
Pam


  

27 comments:

  1. guess which were my favorite photos. (I love clouds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Kings Landing would be another fine place for me to visit.
    Thanks to you Pamela, I have you as my "tourist guide!"
    Wonderful for you to visit with your friend and include your husbands too.
    Meeting up with blogger friends is such a treat . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, what a wonderful place to visit and meet up with friends. Glad you had a good time, and your photos are very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful! My grands were visiting KL about that time. I am going to blog about it sometime. Your cross-continent visit makes me grin. And to think Abby and I accomplished something with a mere two-hour separation. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos . Looks like a lovely place . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet and neat old place! love the draft horses. and great fences! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is such a beautiful place- a photographer's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judging by your smiles you must have had a nice time. We met Judy in Winnipeg very briefly at a MGCC book-signing. The photos on both your blogs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There seems to be a lot of blogger connecting going on! And I enjoyed your photos of King's Landing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a lovely place to visit! I so enjoyed the photos. I like living history places and there are not enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make your visits here look so interesting Pamela - it's such a lovely peaceful place.
    Glad you were able to meet up with your blogging friend Judy and her hubby - sounds like you all had fun. I looked at Judy's blog - very nice lady, and apparently they had a great time on the east coat.

    Have a wonderful weekend - we may take a picnic in the countryside on Labor Day - if not raining.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see the two of you together. How nice that you have met twice. Judy's travel adventures are so interesting to read. And it was nice to see Kings Landing once again with you. Thanks Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such good memories of our day together...documented so nicely here!!! King's landing was a lovely place to spend some time together. We so enjoyed our evening as well! Say 'hi' to Murray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Pam, your photos brought back wonderful memories of King's Landing for me. I could picture so many of the places you photographed! Glad that you and Judy had such a nice day there. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the photo in the field of golden grain - Judy posted that, or a similar one. How great to meet up with a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it wonderful to meet up with Blogging Friends!!
    Your pictures Pam are beautiful!!
    What a great place to meet up!! I DO look forward to retirement so we can visit the world as well!!
    Kings Landing is on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful!!!!!!!! Isn't meeting blogger friends just the best!!!! The photos of the two of you are wonderful, you both look so happy. Great to see more of Kings Landing and your friend who plays the piano. She must love doing that - your friend that is! Wonderful fun for you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pam. I'm back (for today anyway - still adjusting to my eye "floaters". Your post is wonderful, and such beautiful photos you took!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great place! Glad you were able to spend time with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful place to visit! I love to see how people worked and lived in past times, especially when they also wear the attire of that area. It makes it so special. And how extra special that you could share this with your blogger friend - I'm not surprised you had such a good time together!
    I hope your weekend will be lovely as well. Just like in your neck of the woods it will be sunny and hot here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you were able to spend time with your blogging friend again!
    Did you plan to both were white? Ha!
    I love pioneer villages. Kings Landing looks like a great place to visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pamela, what a visit, and to meet in person how wonderful. It's so gorgeous there, I can see why you love visiting it.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pamela, what a visit, and to meet in person how wonderful. It's so gorgeous there, I can see why you love visiting it.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your posts of that wonderful pioneer village. It's so fun to look back at how things were done in the past...and be grateful that there are many easier ways now. :)) And how especially nice to show it off to blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pam, you know I can never leave one of your amazing posts on Kings Landing without a long, lingering look, and a comment! Your photos of this most beautiful place are always stunning, and today, my favourite is the one of you and your friend, Judy, with the gorgeous countryside in the background - second from last! How blessed you are to be able to explore Kings Landing's picturesque vistas!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never been there. Lovely photos and the little church is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...