Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

spring beauty




Peony tulips

Hi everyone.  Thanks for stopping by.  I have a bunch of photos to share with you today of spring bursting out all around us here.  Scroll down and enjoy.



Forget-me-nots

Rhubarb will be ready in a couple weeks or maybe earlier.

Maple tree blossom

Tree Swallow

new leaves and cherry blossoms

Dog-tooth Violet or Trout Lily

My first hummingbird capture taken through the back door window from 14 feet away on Saturday afternoon.

poppy head

new maple leaves

wild strawberry blooms along the side of the road

dandelions  -  lots of these growing

tulip


There you go.  Lots of great spring things going on here right now.  We had 3 really nice warm days - Thursday thru Saturday - then rain and cooler temperatures.  It is so nice to see the green grass and the many shades of green through the hillsides and fields and hedgerows.  I'm enjoying watching the Tree Swallows starting their nests in the 2 birdhouses.  The Bobolinks arrived yesterday and their song all over the fields and in the trees was beautiful to hear.  Also, the spring peepers (baby frogs) in the ponds are singing every night now.  

Well, guess what?  Monday it snowed.  Yep, we had wet snow showers all day long and it was so cold.  There was several inches of snow in northwestern parts of the province too.  Oh my.  I wish we could send this moisture to northern Alberta where there are still some serious fires burning.  
On the news this morning the work camps at the oil mine sites are being evacuated due to new fires and thick smoke.  An update on Fort McMurray says they are getting the electricity and gas hooked up again but workers are suffering due to the smoke from the new fires outside the city.  It is still under threat!  Friends who evacuated are trying to settle in to a new temporary life in other cities farther south and are still in limbo waiting to hear when and if they can go back.  They are the fortunate ones as they have somewhere to live or someone who is housing them until they can return.  I know there are thousands in hotels or who have returned home to other parts of Canada to ride this out.  Please continue to pray for them, and for much needed rain which is still not in the forecast.  

Thank you for visiting.  I hope you are having a good week.  

Take care.

Pam





27 comments:

  1. aw...the silly swallow wouldn't give you a profile :(

    all nice shots. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely images this morning! But I can't stop thinking about all those displaced people in Alberta. What a hardship to have their lives so disrupted and not knowing when or to where they will return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love to see all of that new growth bursting forth?! And I finally saw a couple of hummers this weekend! Glorious images, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel so bad for those poor people in Alberta. So many homeless. Thanks for sharing your springtime color. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous floral macro shots and love the little bird too!

    It has been very cold and raw here in MA also ~ hopefully warmer weather is on its way ~ ^_^

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pleasure it is to visit you and see that spring has caused all sorts of blooming and birds to emerge. I can't wait til that poppy opens! We, too, had snow on Monday and there is still lots in our yard though there is daily melting. We just returned home from a beach vacation, so I'm still adjusting to seeing white again! I hope Alberta gets rain to help those fires. We are forecast for rain or snow daily for the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pam your photos are so lovely. The peony tulips are gorgeous. It looks like spring had brought many wonderful blessings. I will be praying for the victims of the terrible fires. Just hard to imagine how out of control fires can be. Well I certainly loved seeing the beauty in your part of the world. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see what is growing in your part of the world. I am still keeping the people of Fort McMurray in my thoughts, I do hope that they can salvage some of their old lives and build new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We still hear about the situation on the news and it's so sad. I enjoyed your spring tour--you waited so patiently for it to arrive, and then the snow? Just wild!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They really could use the precipitation out west. We got a few flakes of snow yesterday- today's been warmer. Love those tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, those are gorgeous! I think the swallow is ignoring you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so wonderful to see Spring has finally sprung there, Pamela.
    We had snow Saturday and Sunday here, but now it is sunny and warming again.
    I will be praying for the Fort McMurray residents, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some pretty Spring flowers...hard to believe it could snow on them. I sure hope and pray the area affected by the fire gets some rain soon. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had an inch of snow waiting for us on Sunday morning, but I think it's in the past now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flowers are lovely, but snow! Wow, it must be cold there. I hope they get control of the fire soon, it is scary now that the camps are threatened. Your photos are wonderful and cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spring is coming all in a rush for you. Beautiful peony tulips! The news from Fort McMurray is still so grim. Some of the evacuees have come to Victoria and are looking for housing. Rain is in the forecast for Friday, I think. I hope it pours and pours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful flowers to share with us this morning. We have had so much rain, our flowers are a bit droopy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a siege Alberta has been under in the northern parts. Exhaustion must be deep and hope might be dim. Redoubling prayer efforts. We hear nothing about it anymore in our news outlets. Out of sight; out of mind. Sigh.

    Snow? It was certainly cold. The furnace ran all day and all night and there was 7 inches in northern Maine. Saw one poor man interviewed who had just come home from Florida the day before. Said it was the latest he had ever seen that much snow.

    Your spring beauties give hope that warmer days are ahead. I think I'll make hay while the sun shines...that lawn needs mowing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. BEAUTY is the word alright. Your photos make me smile and I too wish Alberta would get rain. We are dry here too for this time of year. It is hard to imagine what these families are going through. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely series of photos Pam. Our weather has been beastly too, just can't make up its mind. It does look like a nice long weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely GORGEOUS pictures! Isn't spring wonderful! I'm so thankful that spring has come to your part of the country, even if it did snow on Monday - that is just so crazy! My peony is about to bloom, and I can't wait! Roger ate all my blooms from it last year. I've got my greenhouse up and running, so happy to have it! So sad that the fires are still going on out there in Alberta! We will continue to pray for those poor folks who are displaced from their homes. Blessings and hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful photos today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think my rhubarb is ready for the first picking Pam, it will be a big decision on what to make! Your poppies are sending up flower spikes already, mine are behind yours.
    Good news is that the lupines you sent have sprouted again and that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I feel so bad for all those affected by the fires. We haven't seen any news about it lately but I'm still praying for them. Your spring photos are so pretty, the peony tulips are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love all your photos, but especially the "Forget Me Nots," as they are among my favorite flowers!

    Praying for the Fort McMurray victims. I can't imagine losing everything to fire and then having to rebuild one's life again.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such wonderful images, Pam! The tulips are my favourites but the poppy head photo is amazing.
    I too would happily send the rain we have had (unusually little this year) to Alberta.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...