Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Monday, September 26, 2016

phone snapshots





An autumnal vignette.  I painted the pumpkin a few years ago.

I've been using my iPhone for taking photos a lot lately.  It takes great photos and I share some on Instagram - (playingwithmycamera) (private account but I do accept followers I know).  The phone is always with me and not cumbersome like my camera.  It's quite practical!

We had a rain day on Tuesday and it cleared off in the late afternoon.  I liked the contrasting colours of green, dark grey and blue in this shot.

The afternoon sun was shining in the dining room window one afternoon and played through the aqua mason jar onto the platter and gourds.

My dearest reaching high into the apple tree at the orchard to get at the Macintosh apples on Sunday afternoon.  The lower branches were all picked off.  Next week the Cortland and HoneyCrisp will be ready.


There were scattered showers all around the area yesterday afternoon which was cool to see as they dropped from the dark clouds and the sun was shining too.  It was another chilly windy day.

There was even a little rainbow over the valley.  I edited this one in Instagram.

A variety of local goods available for purchase at the apple stand.

I love the clouds in this shot.  Note the trees are getting more colour in them.  

I cut some cattails last Sunday and this one was a double one on a single stalk.  Have you ever seen one like this?

The view out the front window today.  It's a beauty of a day so I think I'll go out and take a nice walk....and maybe some photos.  We are in for some rainy days later in the week.  


I was saddened to hear of the passing of Pat, who blogged at Back Porch Musings, a few days ago.  She was one of the very first bloggers I followed when I started this journey 6 years ago and I enjoyed her decorating ideas through the years.  I have missed seeing her posts the past few months of her illness.  She will be greatly missed by her husband and family and many blogging friends.


I hope you all had a lovely fall weekend and that the week ahead will be a beautiful one.  Are you seeing fall colours in your area yet?  
Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Blessings,
Pam

25 comments:

  1. I felt very sad to hear we had lost our blog friend, Pat, too. And she was way too young and so sweet. I love your pretty things for Fall. And no, I've never seen a double cat tail...that looks crazy! It rained a little last night so it is pretty and green here today. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, I love clouds. The more menacing the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say I've never seen a double cattail. I really must start taking more photos with my phone (and even iPad) it sure would make it easier to post to Facebook. We are getting some rain this afternoon, so the grass didn't get cut, but that is okay, as there is always tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see how autumn is coming along beautifully in your part of the world. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking that I may need to get a cell phone, yours takes such good pictures.
    Your photos are such a good collection of Fall scenes. I wish I were there to go for a walk with you down your lovely road way! Tim and I do a lot of walking, but it's the same country road! I like the shadows on your vignette too, Pamela. And, no I have never seen a dbl cat tail either. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't cell phone cameras as good as P&S or DSLR's? Lovely images Pam. love your little peeks of autumn color coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Pam...
    Lovely shots...your IPhone must be bigger than mine...I never hardly use it!
    Love your apples...what are you going to make?
    We had rain today, after a gorgeous weekend...oh well...good day to do laundry!
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your phone takes wonderful photos, Pam, but it is really your talent at seeing the beauty around you that is the magic! I love the shots of the light through the blue jar and the rain dropping from the sky :0 So nice to pick apples at the orchard - I just love the scent of fresh apples on a fall day. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I am so sorry about your blogging friend. So sad. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning, Firstly, your photos are wonderful and I am starting to use my phone more often for blogging also, as you said way easier! I need to be rebooted this time of year to visit blogs and make some new friends. Blogging sure helps me from going crazy in the long winters. Fall is truly a wonderful time of year and the sights and smells are heavenly!
    Really enjoyed my visit here today!
    Blessings, Roxy and I am so sorry of the loss of your blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful autumn photos ~ very creative with your iPhone ~ it is very handy ~

    Wishing you a happy week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. There have been some fall colours here, but the real colours are yet to come.

    I'm sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos....maybe I should get an iPhone!
    I am sorry to hear about Pat.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great shots from your phone, Pam...I would have not known that by the quality, although the iphone can take some really good shots. I am getting better at mine too but it seems like when I post to facebook, I am not quite satisfied when they post...they look better on the phone. I like the pumpkin you painted! I just love everything about fall, don't you? I was not familiar with your blog friend, Pat although I have heard the name of her blog. How terribly sad. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fall pictures . . .
    Isn't it a lovely time of the year . . .
    Double cattail and all . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear about your friend's passing! I had not heard of her blog, but it is quite a shock to lose someone you've grown to know. Your pictures are absolutely lovely! I love the beautiful effects of taking them with a cell phone! I am not on Instagram and don't have a smart phone, so I hope you keep sharing your photos here, as they are always amazing to me! Those apples looked delicious, and I hope you had a nice lovely fall walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry for your loss ,you gave a very beautiful post has all colors of season i loved it

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know what I covet more, apples from the tree or rain :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are doing well with your phone camera Pam. I took my point and shoot on the tea tour, clicked a couple of pictures and put it away- much prefer my phone too!
    Sad news about Pat, another wonderful blogging sister gone too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I take all of my photos with my iphone. I love it. Today is our first cool rainy fall day. I am enjoying the time catching up with old friends. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such lovely photos, Pam! The orchard looks wonderful and my favourite photos are those of the fields and dark clouds. If I could visit Canada, I would like to do it in autumn. It looks gorgeous there.
    Wishing you a happy upcoming weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely photos . I to use my smartphone for photos a lot more now as it is always with me and handy to just snap a shot instead of lugging the big camera about all the time . I am sorry to hear of the loss of a blogger my heart and thoughts go out to their family and friends . Raining here today and will from now through out the weekend , Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry to learn about Pat...had been wondering so thank you for mentioning it. So many gone since I was first blogging and I miss them all...CeeKay, Cait O'Connor, Lynda Naranjo...

    What beauty you always share. Love seeing the apple picker reaching high. I bought the worst, most stunted Macs last week at my local orchard. They'll just have to go into a pie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos! I also take a lot of pics with my iPhone, particularly when I'm not specifically on a photo shoot. Love those clouds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...