Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

sunrise, sunset and something unique





Sunrise earlier this month.



The setting sun caught in the tree for a few seconds before dipping below the hill.

On Friday afternoon I went out to take pics of the sun as it went down behind the hill.  

I was looking past the shed into the bright sun and really couldn't see a thing so just snapped this photo.

The last rays of the sun lit up the top of the tree.

We've had a few foggy mornings this month as well.

I found a number of dandelion seed heads on the lawn the other day.  

So....what are we looking at here you might ask?

I noticed a water droplet suspended from a web off the eave of the house yesterday and thought what a unique thing to see.  I took the pics through the window and it was blowing in the wind from side to side so tricky to get a clear shot.  I cropped a couple of pics for a better look.

A bit closer....and you can see the web....and something else.
This was so very tiny.  Just a millimetre or so big.

Nature is so amazing isn't it?  I think this is a spider sitting on a water droplet which is reflecting the sky and trees in it.  I wish I had a better lens to take this photo but it is kind of cool isn't it?

*************
⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

We had our first dusting of snow last night!  And only a dusting....but it was a pretty one.  Not enough to build even a tiny snowman.

Morning has broken on our first snowfall. (Instagram pic)

We had our first dusting of snow last night and it, as a first snowfall always does, looked pretty. It is already melting this afternoon but we are getting squalls between the sunny breaks.

I'll share more pics tomorrow.  Have a super day!

Blessings,
Pam


19 comments:

  1. Pamela, these are such beautiful photos. I love the atmosphere you captured, calm and peaceful and filled with natural beauty. The little spider is amazing! However, my real favorite in this lovely collection of photos is the one of the fog. I love mornings like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos' I do like the sunsets

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing water droplet photo Pam. Nature never fails to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos . Yes nature is full of surprises and wonder isn't it? and never fails to amaze us ?! Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was kind of pretty and also very slippery. I like your spider on a water droplet with her view on the world. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sunsets have been amazing this month, eh Pam? You captured them beautifully...
    The Spider and water droplet is unbelievable!!! Once in a lifetime shot, for sure!
    No snow where I am...but darn windy and chilly...lots of bright sun today.
    I think we will be closing down the cottage next week...😢...But what a gorgeous Summer it was!
    Enjoy the rest of your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool spider, and beautiful sunrise and sunset!

    The snow seems to be staying here, at least for now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. brrrr...but we've already talked about that.

    Love those sunrise shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an amazing photo of the spider on the droplet. I wonder if she can see her reflection in the drop, or the world it is reflecting. It pays to slow down and study nature, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the sunburst through the tree! Very cool find of the spider on the water drop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fog image the best, but that is totally cool of the spider and water droplet. Snowing already up there. Amazing. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow !! What a shot that was !! All are gorgeous.. You received a bit more snow then we did..
    I dread it all..lol.. What is the sense, though.. May as well enjoy it.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous sunrise and sunset pics! I'm surprised you could even see that tiny water droplet. The crop worked really well, and such a surprise to see what it was. It makes you wonder at all the tiny details that we have been missing all along.

    Today as I drove over to the next town I was witness to hundreds and hundreds of Canada Geese gathering down at the lakeshore. They were all flying across the road I was on. I've rarely seen so many of them gathered at once. Just beautiful. I wished I was at the lake and could hear their raucous party.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got the snow too, but it's not melting. Great pictures of the sunrise and sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never seen anything like that water droplet. What a gift from nature.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing photo of the spider! At a distance it looked like a tiny snowman or a Christmas ornament! I'll show this pic to hubby! We love seeing something unusual in nature! WOW! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always, your photos are just fantastic! We have been having some gorgeous sunsets and sunrises here but I keep missing them! Last night's was stupendous but I had just made it home from work and didn't have the energy to go back with my camera. I need to get better about just keeping it in my car :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful, evocative photos and the water droplet (with a spider :)) is indeed unique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...