Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

the first snowfall....





      



......is always pretty.  
I love how it lays on the branches and left over plants and seed heads in the gardens and barely covers the grass.  
And I love how it melts a few hours later.  😁

I went out about 8:30 to take some pictures before it was all gone.  I didn't have to worry as it stayed until noon even though we had snow squalls all day.  And it's still snowing tonight and sticking again!

I bought a kissing ball at the craft market on the weekend.

Snow berries with snow on them.


Autumn Joy Sedum






A tree stump that looks like some sort of creature.



Here's a look at our new front mudroom entry and the new siding/stone all decorated for Christmas.  I'll have a post coming up on the weekend about the renovations so I hope you can get away from all your holiday celebrations and company to visit.

Last night's snow was just a dusting again but I think it might stay longer as the temperature is much colder at 2C and will stay low all week and below freezing at night.  I guess our wintry weather is here for a while.  Have you had your first snow yet?

I would like to wish all my American friends a very blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow and hope you enjoy time with family and friends making special memories.

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Pam

24 comments:

  1. You make it all look so charming, Pam! (And I happen to know that it is not your favorite weather. 😊)

    Oh your new entry looks fabulous! And your Christmas decor looks so welcoming and festive. I want to go tipping today, but if I don't get going, nothing is going to get done!

    Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! It's going to be easy to decorate for Christmas with that winter scene out your window! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty- I love your new entryway. Pretty snow shots, too. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful for you! And your doorway looks so pretty and inviting! Such a cheery season. Thanks so much for the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Already? LOL! It seems like we were just talking about the snow finally leaving. Beautiful photos! I really like the new mudroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks so pretty and inviting, Pam, and the snow is so very beautiful and lasts so VERY LONG. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. I'm looking forward to turkey and all the cranberry sides.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new entry looks so welcoming and beautiful. I like the colors too. Enjoy the beautiful snow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new doorway and so pretty with decorated for the season. The first snow is always exciting but we only had a few flurries here yet.
    Enjoy the season!












    ReplyDelete
  10. A delightful sight! The snow seems to be staying around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very nice around your place. Our snow has just stayed here, and it's still closed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first snowfall is always exciting, isn't it? We have more on the horizon which I'm sure will travel to the east as well.
    I'm loving the new mudroom entry Pam, I miss having a mudroom in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photos , I love the first snow fall makes everything so crisp and pretty like a good frost does to . Rain sleet here and very cold out this evening . Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how the snow makes everything look so fresh and clean! Your front mudroom reno's looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos Pam! The first snowfall always feels somewhat magical, don't you think? Of course, we tire of it fairly quickly... Your addition looks wonderful. Bet you are happy to have it finished and ready for use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new entry looks wonderful, and you've decorated it well. I'm jealous of your first snow - it's always a special time to see those first flakes. I know you get tired of it all, but I'd sure welcome some snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Romantic" was the first word that came to my mind, when I was admiring these photos. So very beautiful. The last photo, however, is cheerful. The new entry looks very nice and so happily Christmassy. :)
    We have already had our first, second and third snow and now it's raining again.
    Have a lovely rest of the week! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. First snow is always lovey and makes the garden plants look so pretty. Your new entry way looks fantastic. Looks like we have the same milk can, mine is getting rusted out on the bottom though, we are getting ice rain this morning, so another stay at home day for us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely, as long as it stays in the gardens lol.
    We woke to 5cm. No plows by yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the mud room and cannot wait to see it decorated. Snow is so beautiful this time of year. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  22. There is something special about that first snowfall! Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful...it´s something special with the first snow...
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely first snow pics . . .
    And, oh my, love your new mud room entrance with the stone facade . . .
    Nice . . . VERY NICE . . .
    Looking forward to your weekend post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...